Sunday, February 06, 2011

After the Blizzard Part 2

Eli typically has three facial expressions when I take his picture:
I wasn't sure we were ever going to get our car out of the garage and through the alley after all of this snow. However, on Wednesday afternoon, I looked out the window and saw our friend and his son out snowblowing and shoveling--they helped clear as much of the alley as they could before the gas ran out of the snowblower. They had initially set out to snowblow (with a borrowed snowblower) the driveway of a widow in our ward who has cancer, who lives a few blocks away from me. When they got to her house, her driveway was already cleared, so our friend drove over to our place to see if we needed help. This snow was SO heavy and I was glad that I didn't have to dig out our garage by myself without this help! Our nice neighbor helped clear our front sidewalk too. I'm thankful for nice neighbors and friends. This certainly is a year when it would be nice to have a snowblower. Someday...
Here are some scenes from the neighborhood - there just was so much snow everywhere.
Here are some of the cute neighbor kids playing Sweet and Sour to the cars driving by - if the drivers waved at them, they called them sweet. If they didn't wave, they called them sour. Good thing I stopped and waved :)
View of my neighbor's garage - 
And down the alley in the other direction - 
Icicles on our back porch - 
And this morning (Sunday) we woke up to a few more inches of snow. It's pretty, but I'm ready for a break from all this snow!!

No comments: