Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Google Street View

So this has nothing to do with Eli, but thought it was interesting enough to share with you - today I read an article about Google's new maps feature, Street View, that is now available for the Chicago area. The feature allows you to zoom in on an address and read street signs. I typed in my address and there it was! Our junky second car even made it in the picture. It's not in real-time, but it's still a little creepy to me.

If you want to learn more about how the feature works, there is a quick (and a little quirky) video demo. Then check to see if your house/apt. is on there - isn't it weird?? I'm including a picture from Google Street View of someone breaking in to a house (there is a site that lists weird Google Street View sightings).

4 comments:

Pete said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pete said...

This may be helpful.
Avoid Parking Tickets with Google Street View

Amber said...

Oh my goodness. That is amazing.

Sarah S said...

That is hilarious Pete!! We have similar street parking issues as that guy in Brooklyn and I actually considered checking to see if I can read our sign that shows the street cleaning dates (our car has been towed at least once because we didn't remember the day!)