Friday, May 14, 2010

Funny Kids

It totally makes my day to see my kids interacting happily together, which usually happens in the morning and gets less frequent by the end of the day :)

Take this for example (Eli making Charlie laugh – this is my fav. video – afterward he said, “I’m cracking up my brother!” and seemed pleased with this):

I also get such a kick out of Charlie learning new tricks, like blowing kisses:

Charlie Blowing Kisses (May 2010) from Sarah on Vimeo.

I love hearing Eli sing too – here he is singing songs to Gram over the phone (though Ben and I were laughing after watching this about how similar Eli is to Ben when talking on the phone – sometimes they both just zone out):

Eli Singing to Gram on the Phone (May 2010) from Sarah on Vimeo.

This morning Eli said to me, “That’s crafty!” and then immediately asked, “Is that creative?” Funny how he puts those words in context with each other.

And lately he’s been appearing by my side of the bed in the middle of the night for random reasons – I often wake up at 2 a.m. to the whites of his eyes staring at me in the dark. It’s a little spooky. Last night he told me, “The sound machine is making me feel stressed out!” I walked him back into his room, turned the sound machine down and tucked him into bed.

Meanwhile, Charlie is the teething machine and I just realized it today. He has three molars poking through his gums along with a fourth tooth in the bottom middle area. He’s been screaming a lot more lately for no particular reason, so now I can blame all of his crabbiness on the teeth! Poor little guy. I’m amazed he’s been as happy as he has been lately with those teeth pushing through.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Love your boys, Sarah. They are so cute. I hope to see them in person some time soon!

kelly said...

precious - just precious!

Laura said...

you know it would be fun to actually meet your cute little guys! What fun! I've kind of taken a blogging break so dont' know all that you have done but so far it looks like May has been a hit! Love the fishing...so impressed you guys got some! And that bday party idea is great...harrison turns 4 soon...maybe I can talk him into it! Sorry about the not so fun Mother's Day, but hope that you still were able to celebrate that night a little more!

The Yosts said...

your boys are so cute!