Thursday, June 03, 2010

Faking Rain and a CONTEST! (finally)

I am so behind. And being behind feels so daunting… rather than catching up tonight, I’m choosing to post some fun pictures from this evening. Eli found an umbrella in the car and was excited to try it out. He asked Ben to “make some rain” with the hose, which we thought was pretty funny. Eli loved shielding himself from the “rain” with his umbrella.

DSC_0614 copyDSC_0634 copy

We were on outfit #3 by this point (well, more like underwear/shorts round 3). We have no affiliation with West Point; these are some great hand-me-down shorts from one of Ben’s co-workers.

DSC_0640 copyDSC_0644 copyDSC_0655 copyDSC_0657 copyDSC_0680 copyDSC_0721 copy

Charlie especially had the best time splashing in the tiny puddles on the path.

DSC_0781 copyDSC_0792 copyDSC_0799 copyDSC_0825 copy

Both boys need haircuts, but Charlie’s hair is especially long since we skipped giving him a trim last month… By this point in the day, he had bubble solution in his hair, not to mention water and sand and who knows what else.

DSC_0831 copyDSC_0864 copy

This last photo was taken right after Eli squirted poor Charlie in the head with water. Charlie wasn’t too pleased.

DSC_0867 copy

I promise I’ll catch up soon. It’s been an insane couple of weeks and I’m barely staying afloat. :)

If you’ve made it to the end of this post, it might just be your lucky day – because all you need to do is leave a comment here and you’ll be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to any CSN store online. (I still haven’t ordered my stock pot yet… that’s on the to do list and will probably happen next week, with a review to follow) But for now – leave a comment, any comment by Wednesday, June 9th at Midnight (CST). I’ll use random.org to choose the winner and will post it the next day. Good luck!! (and don’t be shy – I’ll be sad if only a few people enter the contest! I know you readers are out there… :) If you’re a blog stalker, it would be fun to hear how you found my blog.

22 comments:

The Millers said...

Darling pictures of your boys. No pressure, but I'll still be reading when you do get all caught up! And I would love to win your giveaway, Ms. Sarah. You are always winning blog contests -- hopefully it is my turn.

Rachael said...

I have been stalking your blog for years now. I enjoy keeping up with the happenings in E-town and I really miss you too.
Great rain pictures. I wish I had learned more from you on how to take great people pictures.

KATINA KARAS STUART said...

Sarah, I've missed seeing pictures of my sweet grandsons. It's great to see them now. I know I also get to see them in person, too. I'm sure Eli and Charlie are glad to have you back for a few days.

Marci said...

I hope I win!!! Your backyard looks like so much fun for your kiddos :-)!

Jonathan said...

Any comment.

Heather Wade said...

Hope I win!

Kell's Belles said...

Maybe I can channel some of your luck and win? We'll see . . .

Also, I just had to tell you that I ended up getting the same navy blue dress from Downeast that you did! I'm wearing it today and it's helping me through my severe case of Diva withdrawal ;)

Mostess Mommy said...

I'll use any excuse to make a comment! I loved the fake rain! What a cute idea and so nice of you and Ben to oblige Eli with some rainy fun!

Elizabeth Severson said...

That looks like a lot of fun! Love the boots:0)

Krista said...

confession...I'm a stalker.

so charlie looks older to me in some of those pics. I think his hair is adorable long. He can pull it off.

Aimee said...

I love contests, so here's a comment :-) Nathan thinks it looks like lots of fun, but he can't understand why Eli would want an umbrella when it's sunny. Trust an Oregon kid to know all about umbrellas!

Laura said...

You take the greatest photos Sarah. Oh, how I wish I lived close to you so you could photograph our kids/family! I miss our life there....maybe one of these days we'll finally plan a trip back to visit! In the meantime, thanks for providing me with little snippets of all the things I loved about living in Chicago!

Laura said...

I love their matching paul frank shirts.

Katrina said...

yeah, your first giveaway!

Angie said...

Ohhh... a contest!

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

enter me in lady!

Jfer said...

Enter me in! I think I started reading your blog when you posted something on facebook awhile ago. I love the pictures and funny stories. It's part of my rotation when Im bored at work! :-)

natalie malan said...

yay! your pics are super cute! I can't believe how big harlie is getting! I want to hear all about how your workshop went.

Gwendolyn said...

I'm still recovering from the last couple weeks myself--good to see I'm not the only Diva behind on blogging. Hope last weekend worked out well for the whole family :) Love these pictures!

Beckie said...

SUCH cute pictures of the boys!!! Love them playing in the "rain"

Katie said...

Hi Sarah! I love to check in on your blog and just wanted you to know I'm reading it! Great posts, fun pictures of the boys, and contests are fun too!

Katie Baird

Unknown said...

Crap! Once again I"m a day late and a dollar short! All well... I'll catch up with you next contest... there WILL be a next one, right???

I love the hose to make rain idea... we might be using that in some water parties or preschool... hmmm...