Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Impromptu Beach Evening

Today I focused on getting things done around the house – washing sheets, cleaning rooms, wrestling and playing with the boys, refereeing the boys, etc. and by the late afternoon, I was feeling a little restless from being cooped up all day. My friend Khania called on her way home from work and we decided to meet at the beach for a little bit before dinnertime. I’m always extra happy to meet friends at the beach rather than go by myself with the kids. I threw the kids in the bike trailer and we rode over to the beach. There is a hill that I have to climb on my way to the beach that really kills me when I’m towing my boys behind me and I’m feeling the burn in my legs tonight as I’m writing this. (I should do that ride every day!!)

When I got to the beach around 4:30, the clouds and light were so pretty. I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera, so I borrowed Khania’s car, ran home really quick and brought it back to the beach. Here are some shots from tonight -

Evelyn and Eli running through the water:

DSC_3790 copy

Evelyn was giving me some great faces today :)

DSC_3771 copy

Eli was all about going into the water, putting his face in, and proudly showing us that he was doing so.

DSC_3781 copy

Charlie was running in and out of the water too:

DSC_3797 copy

Grant was out of the water for the most part, constructing an elaborate sand castle colony:

DSC_3801 copyDSC_3819 copyDSC_3829 copyDSC_3844 copy

I brought Eli and Charlie’s bath robes instead of towels because they stay on so much easier (I realize it looks a little funny, but I don’t care!):

DSC_3857 copy

Pretty girl:

DSC_3866 copy

I have no idea why my 3-year-old was chewing on his robe:

DSC_3881 copy

Charlie scoping out the waves :)

DSC_3899 copy

Evelyn and Khania:

DSC_3968 copy

We saw our friend Izumi there with her cute little boy, whose dad is a certain Olympic gold speed skater from Chicago… I think this little guy has such a beautiful look:

Ayize_June2010.copy

At one point Charlie came charging at me:

DSC_3914 copy

Later all warm and cozy in his bathrobe:

DSC_3924 copy

I really have to laugh every time I look at the height difference between these two – Little E and Tall E.

DSC_3873 copy

Cute friends:

DSC_3889 copy

I feel so behind on blogging, but I’m going to try to keep up with the recent pictures and do some catch up along the way. My computer continues to get slower and slower and it’s driving me crazy. However, my new one is on its way and will be here in a few days!! I can’t wait. This is after ordering two other computers before this one and having both arrive totally dead. My camera was acting funny today and later I checked the shutter actuations – it’s up to 70,320 from the last 3 1/2 years!! Crazy. I think the shutter is starting to wear out, unfortunately. Technology has not been my friend lately!!

Despite all of that, I have lots of great photos to post soon from recent portrait sessions and a few wedding open houses that have kept me busy busy busy. I’ll add them to my photography blog soon. It has been a very full month!

6 comments:

Marci said...

These are some of my favorite pictures you've taken recently...SO cute!

Krista said...

I'm glad you ran back for your camera.
the pictures are beautiful. I love the bathrobe idea. Seriously towels are so silly with the kids trying to keep them on and then tripping on them on the way to the car. I think it is a genius idea.

Krazy Khania said...

That Khania has beautiful kids!

Hillary said...

I love seeing pictures of your kids at the beach. It makes me miss living there and wishing that I could come back and take Leah and Cameron to Lake Michigan. Those pictures of so cute of Eli and Evy. They are getting so old. And I remember all those days of being pregnant before our lives got crazier with kids.

Unknown said...

Good job Eli! He out-does both Dawna and Larry who refuse to put their faces in the water!

The Lake Michigan beach looks so pretty and fun to play in! Little waves and lots of sand! Perfect for little people!

Beckie said...

I agree Khania! you do have some cute kids : )
What GREAT pictures. I am sad I couldn't join you all. Next time : )
What fun friends : )