Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father’s Day

We had a great Father’s Day – it was a rare day where we got to spend nearly the entire day together. The boys and I brought Ben breakfast in bed and let him sleep in until 8 a.m., which also never happens! I made blueberry pancakes and served them with fruit, hashbrowns, and orange juice. After church, Ben and Charlie took naps and later in the afternoon, we drove up to the Chicago Botanic Gardens for a Father’s Day outing. It was the most beautiful day – not too hot or humid and not rainy. We’ve had a lot of rain lately, so this was a treat!

DSC_3534 copy

Charlie was pretty out of it still after his nap :)

DSC_3557 copy

Eli was the exact opposite, despite not taking a nap. He talked non-stop and had so much fun running around the gardens.

DSC_3559 copyDSC_3674 copyDSC_3682 copyDSC_3708 copy

Eli was so busy observing everything around us that he couldn’t bother with looking at the camera…

DSC_3716 copy

By this point, Charlie had finally woken up more and had a big smile on his face.

DSC_3718 copy

Sweet, sweet boys.

DSC_3649 copyDSC_3667 copyDSC_3756 copy

I’m so lucky to have such great dads in my life! Ben, my dad, and Ben’s dad are all great examples to me. Happy Father’s Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow again on the photography! The shot with the dripping water over the rocks (I imagine it's a fountain of some kind) is just gorgeous!

Beckie said...

I love all these pictures! So pretty.
And a great looking family.
Happy Father's day Ben!