Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Diva Day at the Zoo

If you didn’t already know, I’m one of the divas - from the 2100 floor of David John Hall at BYU, circa 1998 :) There are about 14 or 15 of us who still keep in touch w/ a private blog and through reunions every four years. I still need to do a major post from our second reunion, the DMDG 2010 (Diva May Day Getaway), but there is so much to cover that it’s a little daunting. So I’m starting small. My diva friend Larissa and her husband Ignacio met up with us at the Lincoln Park Zoo a few weeks ago while they were in town visiting Ignacio’s family (they live in Las Vegas).

DSC04916

Larissa was one of my suitemates during my freshman year of college, which means we were in different rooms that were connected with a shared bathroom. Larissa got me totally hooked on the X-Files that year and she told me I looked like Gillian Anderson (star of X-Files). Larissa is a science teacher at a school for kids with behavior problems – I think she’s pretty awesome and those kids are lucky to have her as their teacher.

DSC04914

On to the animal pictures, since my kids get a kick out of seeing these -

DSC04922DSC04919DSC04923DSC04924DSC04928

I’m glad we could meet up, Larissa!

DSC04934

No comments: