Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Visit with the Stuarts

Last Friday, I drove up to my parents’ house before picking Ben up from the train up that way and heading on to Madison for the weekend. Gram came over and spent the time reading books with Eli, which was so fun for him. He loves reading stories and he loves Gram so much.

DSC_5374

Gram has finished her chemotherapy and radiation treatments after eight grueling weeks. She still feels really lousy and tired, but is hoping things will improve soon. The radiation gave her a lot of sores in her mouth and throat, which makes it hard to eat, so she’s lost quite a bit of weight. She’s always joking that at least this will make her a “skinny old lady.” We love you Gram, and I don’t want her to get TOO skinny! She’ll continue going in for checkups and for follow-up care, but it looks like hopefully the worst is over.

DSC_5373

Charlie was entertained playing with measuring cups with my dad.

DSC_5375DSC_5376

And hanging out with my mom too -

DSC_5383DSC_5388

But by the time we left, Charlie was not in the mood to take pictures :) I loved seeing all of the beautiful flowers and plantings in my parents’ front walkway. I wish I had taken more pictures – they’ve done a ton of work and it’s all so pretty!

DSC_5404DSC_5412DSC_5417

No comments: