Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hot Summer Days

This post is a random collection of pictures taken outside this month with the kids. First, you’ll see the boys riding in this fabulous wagon we inherited from a friend moving away next week. It stinks to constantly make friends and then say goodbye a few years later when they’re done with grad school or moving on to a new job. But… thus is life and I will always think of this fabulous friend when we use the wagon! The boys love riding in it.

DSC_4527

On our way to throw rocks over the bridge -

DSC_4541DSC_4552DSC_4612DSC_4611

Eli tried pulling Ben in the wagon, but gave up pretty fast :)

DSC_4682

We love our Charlie boy…

DSC_4718DSC_4728

And Eli is ALWAYS extra happy with Ben around -

DSC_4766DSC_4788DSC_4791DSC_4796

This next set of pictures was from a very hot day (we have had something like 10+ days that were 90 degrees or higher. That is a ton for Chicago, especially since we’re not even through with summer yet!! (My opinion is if we have to suffer through long winters, at least summertime in Chicago is usually nice… but I am positive I wasn’t running our a/c last summer as much as I have this year) 90 degrees and high humidity is pretty miserable. So when we’ve played outside, the boys have gravitated toward water. However, as you can see below – when they mix sand and water, it makes QUITE the mess. Poor Charlie was evidence of this – Eli threw a bunch of wet sand over his head when I had my back turned (I was weeding and feeling like I was going to keel over from working in that awful heat). And see that grill in the background? That was inherited from friends a few years ago because it didn’t fit in their very packed moving truck. Yes people, we’ll always take your leftovers :)

DSC_4819DSC_4820DSC_4824DSC_4829

Ben and I don’t love when Eli fills the sand table up with water, but I think it felt good to them to play in it…

DSC_4842DSC_4844

But by the end of the afternoon, Charlie had had it with Eli’s sand throwing. He was even more unhappy when I peeled off the rest of his clothes and hosed him down!! :)

DSC_4845DSC_4846

3 comments:

The Gramster said...

Charlie is quickly moving from "baby" to "little boy!"

Aaron and Emily said...

Don't you love having a wagon? That's what I got instead of a double stroller! It's really saved us.

I think if we make a sand box, I might put pea gravel in it, instead of sand... I would rather the water and sand stay separate! Those cute pictures of Charlie have convinced me.

Krista said...

Oh poor Charlie. What a sandy mess. I think the hose was a great idea. Now Eli why are you such a cute rascal? Great updates. I couldn't read about your toe for fear it was more gruesome...you brave girl.