Monday, February 04, 2008

Are you tired of dreary weather pictures??

Sorry if you are - here's another one from this afternoon - can you say GRAY?? Today it has been on and off pouring rain and very foggy. Last night we had a few more inches of snow, but thankfully it's warmed up a little so the snow has started to melt.

Despite the rain, I dragged myself and Eli to the gym (as soon as I pulled into my parking space it started torrentially raining so we walked in totally drenched - yuck!) and had a good workout with my friend Sarah C. (we motivate each other to go to the gym on gross days like this, thank goodness)

After the gym, I was feeling really hungry so I decided to carry Eli and walk over to the nearby Cosi to get a turkey sandwich... well of course there were spots along the sidewalk that hadn't been shoveled very well, and I totally BIFFED it and slipped, falling (holding Eli) on my bum. Thankfully we were both fine since I have plenty of padding :) I must have made some sort of sound as I fell, because this guy walking in front of me turned around to see if I was okay, and said in a thick Eastern-European accent, "Are you okay? You should sue the city!" which made me smile! I stood back up, wiped the melting snow off my pants and continued on to get my sandwich, I'm sure with a nice wet bum look for the world to see.

And here is an update on the healthy living challenge - it's now been 4 weeks and I feel a big difference! I've lost 6 pounds and can fit into more of my pants/skirts that were pre-Eli, which is really exciting. If you're wanting to make a change in the new year, you should try the challenge! (or modify it to something that would work for you) I am way more inclined to stick to it because it's a competition, so it helps to do it with other people...

4 comments:

Beckie said...

I was totally going to take a picture of the grayness outside! Hooray for you and your healthy living!!!

Amber said...

you are quite the photographer. I hope you get some sunshine soon! Congrats on losing 6 pounds :)

DC Diva said...

Way to go Sarah! Yea for 6 pounds and pre-prego clothes!! I am MISSING my pre-prego clothes!!!

The Yosts said...

Way to go on the 6 lbs!