Sunday, February 03, 2008

Six More Weeks of Winter

This is from Friday, when we got almost a foot of snow:

And I'm sad to say... it's official. Phil the Groundhog says we have six more weeks of winter.

I'm trying to embrace this cold and messy weather (just like I'm embracing my small space :) so yesterday we went over to Drew and Caroline's house to play in the snow and build a snow fort. I had given Drew some snow tools for his birthday in December, so it was fun to put them to use! Saralyn (their mom) was inside with Eli. Mike (their dad) came out later, but I didn't get any pictures then because I went inside after Drew got me with a snowball in the face and I was freezing!! (side note - the house is getting a new roof, so there were roofing materials in the front yard that helped create the fort)










And totally unrelated... I had to post this cute picture of Eli with my friend Meijken from earlier in the day at a baby shower. She was sweet to hold him while I munched on the tasty food!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you got to enjoy the snow! If it makes you feel any better, I heard that most of the other groundhogs (apparently there are more towns that engage in this ritual?) did not see their shadow, so if the majority rules then winter is almost over.

Beckie said...

cute pictures of drew and caroline!

Shontz Family said...

all these pics make me miss evanston (even with all that snow!). do you remember when i roughed it out in the snow to that first playgroup at drew and caroline's and got there after everyone had left! ha--one of my favorite evanston memories. anyway, i'm trying to be a better commenter. not only because you are such a good one, but because i love reading your blog, stealing your ideas and remembering what stage matthew will be entering in just a few more days. and all that should not go un-commented! missing you,
ashley