Thursday, September 09, 2010

Playgroup and Funny Brothers Playing

The lowlight of the week is that I have a staph infection in my left eye. Apparently it's pretty common - you can pick it up wherever and it doesn't help that I wear contacts. I'll be wearing glasses for the next week or so as my eye hopefully gets better (the eye doctor prescribed antibiotic drops). I've had the drops since Tuesday and my eye is finally not hurting as much, so I think that's a good sign.

The highlight this week was that our playgroup had a ton of moms/kids show up. It totally made my day because our turnout over the summer was pretty spotty. Of course I didn’t pull out the camera until the very end, when the last of the bunch lost interest with the playground and moved on to playing in the dirt :)

09-2010-0312

Eli and Charlie have been really funny together lately. They are developing a somewhat decent relationship, though Eli still tries to get his way (like pushing Charlie off of the tree stump he was sitting on):

09-2010-0322

Eli also thinks it’s hilarious to knock poor Charlie down. Here they are playing tackle football around and in the dirt. Charlie was sort of having fun. For the most part.

My kids were SO DIRTY when we left. Look at these faces!! That’s the true sign that you have little boys, right?

09-2010-032509-2010-0327

Later, when we were home again, they had fun chasing each other around the house -

Kids Chasing in the House (Sept 2010) from Sarah on Vimeo.

and on a different morning, these boys were cracking each other up while eating breakfast. Charlie is in a big copying phase, as is demonstrated in this video. I swear they have a secret language sometimes too (or just a lot of nonsense sounds to be silly):

Laughing at Secret Language (Sept 2010) from Sarah on Vimeo.

and today while Eli was at school, we had my friend’s daughter here with us (the schools around here close for Rosh Hashanah – Happy New Year to our Jewish friends!). Anyway, she had the day off and hung out with me and Charlie for a little bit while her mom was at the preschool. I couldn’t get over how helpful it was having a first grader around. Here she is reading a catalog to Charlie (with Charlie repeating some of the words back to her):

Marlee & Charlie Reading Catalog (Sept 2010) from Sarah on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

just wait... aj is just as big and strong as gavin is and they get along great... when there is a conflict, no one picks a fight b/c it's too even - no one can win that way! lol. they are so cute.

Marci said...

I love the one of Charlie and Eli laughing together! Addie and Preston occasionaly do the same thing and it's always nice when they are having fun together instead of driving each other crazy :-)!