Thursday, December 03, 2009

Cookies, Teeny News, Big News (Charlie Walking), a Deal, and Videos

This post will be a random mix, but there are a few things I wanted to mention -

1. A few cookie recipes have caught my eye -

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with Brown Sugar Icing - does that sound DELISH or what??

Toffee White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies - there is nothing I love more than toffee, white chocolate, and oatmeal - well, maybe if you added coconut to it, I'd think it was the perfect recipe. Yumm.

2. My calling at church is to work with the media and draw some attention to activities and service that would interest the community - I actually got us in the local paper today! That doesn't happen very often. My quote is semi-lame (I really don't like the "teeny" mention, but oh well!), but click here for the article.

3. Charlie is WALKING!! Not all the time, but he stands alone and balances very well, and can take a few steps at a time. He is very pleased with himself and it's so cute to hear him laugh with excitement as he does it (see the third video below).

4. Get a free 8x10 canvas here and just pay shipping/handling (about $14). I love great deals and sharing them. Thanks to Marci for passing this along!

5. A few weeks ago, I won another blog contest! This one was for a free holiday card design. I emailed the person our family picture and some links to cards I really liked, and she came up with something similar and emailed the file so I could have them printed at Costco. This is the first year I’ve had my cards done by the first week in December! (Mailing them out is another story… if you have a different address this year, please email it to me!) My goal is to get them out by next week.

And now for the video part of this post (these are from the last week or so)… they give you an idea of how much Eli talks on a regular basis -

1. Eli talking about Gilligan the fish (and the kids who own it)

Fish-Sitting for Gilligan Nov. 2009 from Sarah on Vimeo.

2. Eli singing Happy Birthday to me last week:

Happy Birthday Dear Mama Nov 2009 from Sarah on Vimeo.

3. Charlie walking and Eli talking about the “fort” he made with our kids’ nativity set. Please excuse my poor cinematography as I was trying to back up, but be close enough to catch Charlie, and also to help him stand up using one of my feet (which ended up tickling him and making him laugh). And I love hearing Eli say the word “fort!”

Charlie Walking at 10 Months and "Mama, I Made a Fort for You!" - Dec 2009 from Sarah on Vimeo.

4. More of Charlie walking (just a little) about Eli repeating “awesome” over and over…

More of Charlie Walking and Eli's "Awesome!" from Sarah on Vimeo.

4 comments:

KATINA KARAS STUART said...

Great job Charlie with the walking! I love to hear Eli talking with his great vocabulary. What cuties.

Unknown said...

i love to see how quickly a two-year old grows up. it's like their vocabulary and imaginations explode and they become their own little person all of sudden. and charlie is such a little stud. so cute!

Cami Severson said...

Eli's little statements are SO cute. I love his voice inflections. It makes me want to squeeze him! I can't believe how fast time flies, and that Charlie is already at the walking stage. It cracked me up seeing him chew on Squidward as he was walking! They are so cute! I can't wait to see them in 3 weeks.

Gwendolyn said...

Hooray for walking! Charlie's giggles really were just the thing I needed after listening to Sinjin cry himself to sleep (sigh). I love your little ones, Sarah!