Sunday, November 29, 2009

Eli Stories from Church Today

I know... my posts tend to be very long. Here's a shorter one :)

Preface: Grace is the most amazing, wonderful 17-year-old who sits with me almost every week and helps with the boys since Ben is up on the stand. She's also the only teenager we've ever had babysit our kids - she is so great with them. A visitor leaned over today and asked me if Grace was my sister because she was so good with Charlie. She definitely has a gift with children.

On our way to church this afternoon, Eli asked, "Is Grace was going to sit with us at church?"

I replied, "I think so!"

This answer didn't satisfy Eli.

"YES or NO?" he asked curtly.

"Yes!" I replied, really crossing my fingers that she would indeed be there today. I think Eli really looks forward to playing with her each Sunday.

And thank goodness, Grace was there and sat with us. Thank you Grace! We're so grateful for your help. Eli's "YES or NO?" questions have become more fierce lately. He doesn't like wishy washy answers. Like every day after quiet time when he asks, "Can I watch a show? YES or NO?" Funny guy. Ben is convinced Eli is going to be a manager of some sort because he is quite the boss man.

My second story from today is that toward the end of the Sacrament, it was somewhat quiet in the chapel as the water was being passed around. Out of nowhere, Eli starts doing Spiderman hands and singing (a little too loudly): "Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can. Spins a web, any size. Catches thieves, just like flies. Look Out! Here comes the Spiderman..." and then he looks up at me and says with a questioning look in his eyes, "I don't know the rest of the words?"

I think it was funnier in person, but it was all I could do to not bust out laughing. Grace was cracking up and thought it was hilarious Eli was familiar with the Spiderman song. Thank you, YouTube... (he loves the Spiderman theme song video - but not the Batman song, because it's "too scary")

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YES or NO?!

Kell's Belles said...

Too funny!

I always wonder what moms did before Google and YouTube. How did they answer all these crazy questions I get everyday?

Krista said...

I'm so showing this video to Kai. He loves Spider "boy" as he calls him.