Monday, March 15, 2010

Charlie Says - “Uh Oh!”

Why is it so cute when you’re 1-year-old first says “Uh oh!” totally spontaneously but in the right context?

DSC_2816 copy

Today Charlie was sitting on this chair, coloring with a yellow crayon, when it fell on the floor. And he said as clear as could be…

“Uh oh!” and smiled in a sweet, a tiny bit shy sort of way.

When I heard this out of his mouth, I stopped what I was doing and looked over at him – and responded, “Uh oh?” and he said it again and looked down at the crayon.

I love it so much. I love hearing my little boy communicate in these simple but amazing ways.

Of course, he does plenty of communicating in this fashion too - (unhappy whining)

DSC_2821 copy

Today Eli had his weekly physical therapy session at our house. His therapist, Lisa, is wonderful. She has such a talent for getting Eli to interact and move/strengthen his body, even if he isn’t initially willing or interested in what she is suggesting. She has commented every week that he seems to be making fast progress, which makes me happy. He’s getting custom orthotics for his shoes that will help him stand properly (instead of his feet falling inward) and his will help his muscles to develop correctly. Eli has a great time with Lisa and it’s fun to watch them work together.

DSC_2845 copy

Today we also spent a lot of time running around the house. Eli was sprinting from the family room, through the office/hall into the living room, and then back again.

DSC_2858 copy

Every now and then, he would fall on the floor, wiped out from all the craziness.

DSC_2880 copy

And later, I got this rare picture of the boys together, munching on veggie straws. This is before Eli got upset with Charlie for sitting on the chair that he wanted to use to make a fort. Oh Eli…. he has also been a little obsessed with “tackling” poor Charlie, which really means he crashes into Charlie who isn’t expecting it and is caught off guard. The worst is when this happens outside and Charlie goes crashing to the ground. We’re working on playing more nicely together :)

DSC_2894 copy

In other exciting topics, both boys slept until 9 a.m. this morning. I told a friend today that I don’t think I have slept that late EVER in the last three years. Daylight savings is a hard adjustment for all of us, but that totally made my day. And when Ben came home today, the sun was still shining! We celebrated by playing outside, despite the fact that it was 40 degrees and pretty chilly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I so agree about the daylight savings thing... it makes the day feel much longer when it's light until 7:30 or 8... plus, it makes the day much smoother when daddy can be home and play outside before bedtime :)

Marci said...

My girls just walked in at 9am too and Preston slept till 8:30am...amazing :-)! They are all usually up between 6:30 and 7am and since I haven't been able to get myself to go to sleep before midnight since the time change it has been very appreciated it. I did sleep through my class at the gym though :-). Such cute pictures of your boys!

Krista said...

That pic of Eli smiling is fantastic. Sounds like a great day and I love the "uh oh" it makes me laugh when they say that and something totally annoying happens in the kitchen (spilling or whatever.) Instead of getting mad I smile because of their sweet "uh oh."

Amber Snow said...

Loved reading through all of your posts - it's been too long since I've had some free time to just enjoy reading and looking at pix. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your pictures. The boys are so cute, Sarah. I can't stop looking at Charlie and his sweet puppy dog eyes ;)