Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snow Melting

Last week the highlight was the snow melting! Hooray for Spring, which came just in time – we were all going a little crazy after being cooped up for so long. I realize I never followed up on my lovely stomach bug… it took me a FULL WEEK to feel all the way better. That’s crazy. But the upside was losing five pounds, which is easy to happen when you have no appetite and you feel lousy when you do eat. I’d take being five pounds over my goal weight than being that sick, believe me. It was misery.

On to the outside pictures:

DSC_2368 copy

The boys had fun playing in the backyard, sloshing through the remaining snow. Charlie isn’t used to walking on such uneven terrain, so he kept tipping over and getting wet. But he’d get right back up with a smile on his face. He even biffed it on the walkway, which you can sort of see with the red mark on his forehead.

DSC_2383 copy

Eli had fun swinging again after not touching a swing in so long.

DSC_2387 copyDSC_2395 copy

Charlie found a dirty ball that had emerged from the snow and threw it at the basketball hoop, over and over again.

DSC_2412 copy

Eli found another ball and soon took over Charlie’s play space. What else is new? :)

DSC_2419 copy

On another day, my Gram drove down with my mom and spent the afternoon with us while my mom taught piano lessons. We went on a walk (the temp was in the 50s, which felt good when the sun was shining, but not as great when the wind was blowing) and Eli found a stick that he deemed his fishing pole. He would stop at every puddle along the sidewalk and street so he could fish.

DSC_2432 copy

Toward the end of our walk, we stopped at a playground and let the boys run around for a bit. Here’s Eli and Great Gram on the teeter totter.

DSC_2437 copy

I put Charlie on in front of Gram and he loved it.

DSC_2444 copy

Both kids absolutely love the swings, so we spent lots of time with those too.

DSC_2476 copy

Charlie was really cute – he kept squealing and kicking his legs while in in the swing.

DSC_2479 copyDSC_2481 copyDSC_2484 copyDSC_2497 copyDSC_2506 copy

My boys had so much fun with their Great Gram as she has a song for nearly everything.

Today it’s back to dreary, rainy and cold. We even had a big thunderstorm a few nights ago. March is such a tease and my house always feels freezing when the weather jumps around so much. But birds are chirping and I spotted the first of the perennials starting to poke through the ground, so I know better weather is on its way.

The funniest thing out of Eli’s mouth today was when he and Ben were watching the birds outside through the window. Eli got a little worried and said, “The bird is eating itself!!” Luckily, the bird was just cleaning its fur a little :)

And finally, here is a video of Charlie last week playing with the piano – this is when we decided on the songs for Eli to sing in the talent show. I love Charlie singing along with his piano playing :) It’s always amazing to me too when toddlers this little totally know what you’re talking about, even if they can’t say many words yet.

2 comments:

Krista said...

cute cute! Charlie singing and playing the piano. I like the pics with your gram too. Beautiful memories. I also laughed when I read about the bird eating himself. :)

Lindy & Trever said...

I love the pictures of your kids with gram. So fun!