Saturday, August 07, 2010

Lots of Beach Time

We try to go to the beach at least once/week. Here are some pictures from a few days ago when I was SO tired of my kids fighting in our house… I threw the boys in the bike trailer and we spent a few hours at the beach playing and getting sandy. (these were shot w/ my old point and shoot camera)

DSC05002

It took a lot of convincing to get Eli to put his arm around Charlie. As you can see, Charlie wasn’t digging it. Like always :)

DSC05023

I hadn’t planned on meeting anyone at the beach since I went so last minute, but I saw my friend Izumi and her son there – I took this picture of them with her camera, and then she snapped a few shots of us and emailed them to me. So the pics below are from her -

P1080604

P1080607

I will say that hauling all of our gear (beach chair, umbrella, sand buckets and shovels, towel/bath robes, beach bag, etc.) is exhausting when my boys are very slowly walking up to the parking area. We usually only bring a specific, small number of beach toys to the beach so there is less of a chance of losing them – and I have most of our sand toys labeled w/ permanent marker. There are only so many different kind of beach toys out there and many times I have seen kids with the same exact toys as ours.

P1080598P1080596

Here we are about to head home w/ the bike trailer. I’ve really enjoyed getting back and forth to the beach in this because the parking lot is pretty small and is often totally full. This way I get some exercise and I am guaranteed that I can park next to the beach. I will say though – when I was biking to the beach, it was a very hot/humid day and I was SO sweaty once we got there. This isn’t the best picture of me, but I hardly ever have shots w/ my kids, so I’ll take it! :)

P1080626

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love bike trailer babies! That was my favorite way to travel with two kids! way to go, Sarah!