Sunday, November 04, 2007

Tagged... with a twist :)

My friend Marci tagged me last week, but with all of the Halloween activities I didn't have much time to sit down and think about these. But here are some things you may or may not know about me:

1. I worked as a locksmith in college - yes, I drove around one of those utility vans around campus and worked for BYU Locksmith. I learned how to use a lock picking kit (I never became very advanced though - my highest capabilities are with picking things like a cabinet lock), installed new locks and doorknobs, and put pins in locks.

2. I always stay up too late - I have the hardest time going to bed at a decent hour, especially now that we have Eli. You would think that having a child who wakes up way too early would motivate me to be in bed by 11 at least, but it almost drives me the other way... I have to stay up late and get things done!

3. I have a horrible sense of direction - I know the area where we live really well, but if I'm in a new place, I can never tell which way is east/west/north/south. Even in Chicago sometimes I get turned around if I'm in an unfamiliar area. My high school friends used to make fun of me because I would call and ask them how to get home from the movie theater where I worked. It takes a lot for me to really learn an area.

4. I have one cavity - and I didn't get it until high school! And it has bothered me ever since... it soon turned into an onlay, and then a crown, and now I have to get the crown replaced. This tooth will probably bug me for the rest of my life.

5. I hate running - and I think it is because my friends in cheerleading used to make fun of how I run!! (you know who you are... :) But I love how you feel after a good workout, so hopefully I can get back in a good routine soon. I'm realizing it's harder than it looks to get back to a normal shape after having a baby. I'm definitely not the way I used to be!

6. I am organized, but also very unorganized - I am organized on paper and with my computer. I can put schedules, lists, groups, plans, etc. together and keep on top of them - I enjoy organizing our ward playgroup, serving as secretary for the Primary, and writing on a freelance basis. I have my computer files nicely organized and I can find anything on there pretty fast.

However, I tend to feel very unorganized when it comes to our small condo - I have way too many craft/paper/cards/beading supplies and little space to put them, so they are scattered in various places, some on a cart in my room, others in Eli's closet, etc. and while I should just scale down and keep them in one place, that's hard for me too. I also am a toiletry fanatic and have WAY too many toiletries (for backup when things run out) - we have Sam's Club portions of toothpaste, sunscreen, toilet paper, shampoo, razors, lotions, etc. Any advice for cutting back on this obsession?!

7. I am chronically late - and it drives Ben crazy!! His family was always on time, very prompt, often early to things (my parents tried to make me punctual, but I still struggled). I have come to the conclusion that I try to do way too much in any given amount of time, and end up scrambling before needing to be somewhere. It has gotten even worse now that I have Eli, because it adds his unpredictability to my craziness. I really am working on it, I promise!

Here are the people I tag: I had a hard time choosing because there are so many people I would love to learn more about - so after some deliberation, I've decided to tag everyone on my blog's friends and family lists. Maybe that is too impersonal and no one will feel an urgency to do this, but I really couldn't decide which seven people I should single out. So - if you are reading this and have a blog of your own, I would love to read 7 things about you!

The directions: Include a link to your tagger (like I did with Marci) and post these rules on your blog:

1. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
2. Tag 7 (or more, in my case!) people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. -
3. Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog (sorry, I'm not doing this part).

2 comments:

Davis Smith said...

Oh my gosh... I was laughing out loud at that post! It brought back so many memories of the good old college days. And the funny thing is that I can relate to several of those facts -- I should have used them on my "tag". I miss you, Sarah!

Amber said...

Too funny! I didn't know you were a locksmith in college. Maybe that is why you stay up late at night-you are moonlighting as a bank robber with your skills :)