Saturday, December 06, 2008

Picking Out a Tree and Decorating for Christmas

We headed over to Home Depot this morning to pick out our Christmas tree. It had snowed a few inches overnight and it was still snowing and chilly (about 28 degrees) this morning, but we decided to attempt it anyway.

Eli was not happy with our decision to get the tree. It was too cold and snowy for his taste, and the morning turned even more sour when he slipped and fell in the snow.

He spent most of the time near the trees crying. Ben eventually brought him inside the store to warm up while I debated about which tree to buy. The one we settled on was a little small, but oh well. It was hard to pull the trees out by myself and I felt rushed since Eli was so miserable.

Once I had decided on the tree, Ben switched places with me and waited in line to get the trunk cut. Eli and I hung out inside near the Tigger/Pooh Bear and Minne and Mickey Mouse toy display. He had fun talking to them and trying to pull them out of the boxes so he could hold them (Eli loves to say "hold!").
Back at home, we pulled out our boxes with Christmas decorations and Eli was in a much better mood.
Eli's favorite decorations are a tiny wooden train, the wooden frog with a Santa hat, and Ben's ornament from his childhood that is Sneezy from the 7 Dwarfs - Eli sees it and says "Ahhhchoo!" over and over again, it's pretty funny.
Of course later tonight, we had friends try to take a picture for us in front of our tree and Eli was less than cooperative once again. I'll have to take a picture of the decorated tree and post it on here tomorrow or later in the week.

3 comments:

Kell's Belles said...

Eli has the best hats! And he looks so cute in them :)

Sorry the Christmas tree outing was less than ideal. Last year the thought of taking three kids to get one was just too overwhelming, so I bought a fake one at the grocery store! I was glad I just had to go down to the basement to retrieve ours this year (because shopping Christmas trees with three kids while pregnant was even less appealing). I love that picture of Eli by the Winnie the Pooh characters. And I love that they're almost as big as he is!

Heather said...

That second to last picture looks like he's growling! I'm glad he enjoyed the decorating part at least.

I can't wait until we finally get a real tree next year. Christmas traditions are so fun.

Aaron and Emily said...

I love his little bundled up pictures. He is SO cute!!