Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eli is 19 Months!

Happy 19 months Eli! He has been SO much happier the last few days. It's really nice having the old Eli back after a miserable time with the ear infection. We woke up to about a half a foot of snow yesterday, and I don't think it's going to melt anytime soon, unfortunately. Tomorrow's high is only 4 degrees! Yuck. At least Eli has a puffy coat to keep him warm :) I laugh every time he puts it on because he looks like a big piece of chocolate candy in that brown coat.

Here is my happy boy today as we were driving home from a friend's house. I don't think he's left the house in a few days now because of our cold, snowy weather. It's a good thing I didn't venture out yesterday by myself with him... last night we left him with a babysitter, and Ben and I got stuck in our very snowy alley a few times. There is no way I would have made it in or out of our garage by myself (Ben had to shovel the snow around the tires multiple times). It's crazy that they don't plow the alleys!! It makes driving in our little Altima quite the adventure.

Here are my favorite things about Eli right now:

  • He still LOVES Elmo and calls him "Ha Ha"
  • He always says "Hi!" and waves to his various stuffed animals
  • He always needs his frog snuggly toy to fall asleep and calls him "Kiki" - we think it's sort of like froggy? He says, "Hi Kiki! Hi Kiki!" when we put him in his crib and they are reunited :)
  • He loves to run around the house, then stops and says, "Fast!" because he is proud of his speed
  • He is pretty good at playing with his toys independently for small chunks of time
  • He loves to give me and Ben hugs and kisses, and is always happy to stop what he's doing and give me a hug if I ask for one
  • He still loves anything related to trains

1 comment:

Young Family said...

He is such a cutie. I love to see pictures of him!

How can you deal with the cold. I don't think I would ever leave the house.