Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Charlie at 4 Weeks

Charlie is 4 weeks old today! He surprised me with going 6 hours last night from the time he ate (around 9 p.m.) to the time he woke up next to eat (at 3 a.m.). He stayed up for an hour after eating, but I was so happy about his long amount of sleep that we just enjoyed the hour watching American Idol on the DVR.

For some reason, I didn't think to take pictures of Charlie when he was awake, so I just have sleeping pics today.I took Charlie in to the doctor yesterday because he STILL has the lingering cold more than two weeks later. It's so sad hearing him try to clear his throat and cough, especially at night when he's sleeping. His pediatrician thinks he may have reflux, so now we're giving him a prescription antacid three times a day. At about four weeks old, Charlie weighed 10 lbs 1 oz (75%), is 75% in height and 50% in head circumference. I love his chubby, chubby cheeks! It's funny - new babies are SO sweet when they're asleep in your arms... you almost forget how hard it is when they're awake, fussy, and hard to please. I'm happy we've made it to the four-week mark - it will get more fun (and hopefully a little easier) as the weeks continue! We're so grateful Charlie is a part of our family.

3 comments:

The Millers said...

I'm so jealous you have DVR -- I resort to trying to find something on On Demand so I don't have to watch info-mercials. Charlie is so cute, Sarah. He is growing and changing so much. Hang in there -- things are bound to get better soon, right?

natalie malan said...

He's getting so big already! But then he looks so tiny next to Eli. I can't make up my mind! I'm glad you post so many pics they are fun to look at!

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

i love charlie's dark hair-- he is soooo cute. I have had something for you for a couple weeks, but natalia was sick and then we were in california, so i'm going to try to get it to you this week!:) i hope you get some better sleep soon!