Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Charlie at 6 Months

I know I’ve posted a lot of pictures today, but here are a few more of just Charlie, taken early this morning. He is the most wiggly, squirmy little baby I have ever seen. Charlie is not one to sit still on your lap – he constantly has to move, jump, roll, etc. He is trying hard to get the hang of crawling or scooting, but mostly just resorts to rolling around, over and over to get across the room. We have to keep the floor clear of any kind of paper or it ends up in his mouth. He seems to be focusing so much on his physical development that he doesn’t babble or make as many sounds as I would expect, but he is still a very social baby and gives us lots of smiles and sweet expressions. He was very chatty and made a lot of sounds as a newborn, so I’m not worried about it. It’s just interesting see him so determined to move. Charlie can technically sit up for a tiny bit, but often lunges forward or to the side so he can get somewhere else. Below is a rare shot of him sitting for a few seconds.

DSC_1586

It really doesn’t last long though!

DSC_1636

You can’t totally tell in this picture, but Charlie still has a very watery eye. His pediatrician said he usually waits until the baby is at least a year before correcting it, because sometimes it goes away on its own.

DSC_1698

Another interesting Charlie-ism is his quiver lip – when he gets excited, his lip and chin quivers and it is the cutest thing. I need to get it on video one of these days!

DSC_1760

I love Charlie’s rolls – he has chunky, chunky thighs. DSC_1783 

I took the pictures below by going outside and taking them with the screen door open. Can you tell that the family room is just DARK?? The only good light is near that screen door. A friend told me today about Solatube, which is kind of an alternative to skylights and more energy efficient. It’s a lot cheaper too! This might be the answer to my very dark family room (that and painting it… which I’m still discussing with Ben). The Solatube system captures sunlight on the rooftop and redirects it into a reflective tube into the interior space and spreads the light throughout the room.

DSC_1819DSC_1838DSC_1846

And on a side note, happy anniversary to my parents today! They’re celebrating 32 years!

5 comments:

Marci said...

I wish I could see her facebook pics! Part of me really wanted to go and the other part of me didn't at all. If I hadn't just had Preston, or wasn't flying to my old roomie's wedding next month I would have tried to go I think. I miss Larnelle too...what a character :-).

The Millers said...

What cute pictures, Sarah. He is such a darling baby boy. I love his darker hair with his big blue eyes. He is just darling.
Campbell is babbling and talking to us quite a bit. Sam said to me the other day, "I don't remember Reagan ever doing that." And I said, "Because she didn't." She really didn't babble at all. And she is definitely our latest talker, but is making so much progress as of late. It is so interesting how all kids just develop differently, and at their own pace.

Beckie said...

oh my goodness, I MISS HIM. I need some Charlie snuggle time!
give him some extra smooches from me : )

Laura said...

Charlie is the cutest little baby, Sarah! My Emma had the whole watery/crusty eye thing going on when she was a baby. She ended up needing the surgery to fix it when she was about 14 months old--right before we moved to Chicago! hopefully Charlie's will resolve itself, but I know what you're talking about--the constantly watering eye!

The Knisley's said...

Oh my gosh!! He has gotten so big! I haven't looked at the blogs in a while and Charlie is soo cute! He looks a lot like you, Sarah. I hope you are doing well! Love you!