Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Boys – 2 years old and 9 months old

In case you’ve forgotten, Eli’s TWO:

DSC_8309_au

And being two means a lot of attitude:

DSC_8313_au

But there’s still some sweetness:

DSC_8262_au

You’re always on the go:

DSC_8303_auDSC_8566_auDSC_8620_au

And this little guy is now 9 months, which means he is ever curious, always sticking his tongue out, always moving:

DSC_8641_auDSC_8647_au

(Every time I put Charlie down, he would beeline for the water. I was constantly snatching him up, moving him further away, taking a few pictures, and repeating the process all over again.)

DSC_8672_au

When you’re two, you do funny things with your arms when you run:

DSC_8652_au

You also get very protective over your patch of sand:

DSC_8679_au

When you’re 9 months, a rock is a very important possession:

DSC_8715_au

Sometimes random strangers on the beach will offer to take your picture (it was all I could do to keep the boys there with me for more than a few seconds):

DSC_8708_au

When you are 9 months, you are determined to get to the water:

DSC_8727_au

But it’s upsetting when you’re plan is foiled:

DSC_8788_au

That thumb sucking isn’t so great with a sandy hand…

DSC_8806_au

And a sandy face is pretty miserable:

DSC_8823_au

Poor little boy.

DSC_8818_auDSC_8847_auDSC_8871_auDSC_8936_auDSC_8979_auDSC_9011_au

Two-year-olds aren’t immune to a sandy face at the beach either. Eli face planted after running around like a crazy guy, getting dizzy, and throwing himself down on the sand.

DSC_9026_auDSC_9033_auDSC_9062_au

And home on a different day, playing outside:

DSC_8316_au

Two-year-olds like to march:

DSC_8332_auDSC_8337_auDSC_8338_au

They also like making (and eating) treats, like these nutter butter ghosts. SO easy to make (nutter butter cookies dipped in white chocolate, with mini choc. chips added for the eyes). We made a bunch and shared some with our neighbors.

DSC_8354_au

Charlie had fun watching the process and eating a banana (which is probably his favorite food right now):

DSC_8357_auDSC_8361_au

Charlie’s favorite large round item of the month is the pumpkin.

DSC_8365_au

Look at the joy on this boy’s face!

DSC_8367_au

And since I’m too tired to re-order these, here are a few more from the beach:

DSC_8492_au

DSC_8494_auDSC_8533_au

I guess it’s too much to ask Eli to sit next to his brother… every time I do, he jumps up and runs away :)

DSC_8556_au

Charlie at 9 months old is a sweet, sweet baby. But also very persistent, strong, and loud. When he wants something, he yells forcefully. He pulls up on anything and everything, and was even trying to do a pull-up on his crib rail the other day. Not good. Ben joked that Charlie will be out of his crib sooner than Eli (since both are still in cribs at the moment).

DSC_8632_au

Charlie is teething once again; this time it looks like one of his top middle teeth is trying to come through. He’s started biting my shoulder or arm when I’m holding him, which does not feel good. He’s also been waking up too early, usually around 5:30 or so, and I’m still trying to hold my ground and wait to get him until at least 6 a.m. (though I wish I could train him to sleep until 7, but I guess that’s wishful thinking). Charlie’s naps aren’t very long either – he usually takes an hour nap in the morning and an hour and a half nap in the afternoon, which is often cut short because Eli’s quiet time is not so quiet. Ahh well. Please don’t tell me about your kids that nap for hours and hours, and were still napping at age 4 :)

9 comments:

KATINA KARAS STUART said...

Sarah I love all the pictures and your narration with them is great. You capture such great shots. They are adorable boys.

KATINA KARAS STUART said...

This is from Bumpa. Two observations: First, we have the most beautiful, handsome grandsons on the planet. Second, Sarah has inherited her Grandfather Karas's artistic gift for photography. (He was a professional photographer and taught at MIT.) As Phokion used to say, You don't take great photographs with your camera. You take great photographs with your eyes.

RP said...

Your pictures are so good! The boys are so cute too!

Mostess Mommy said...

You are so good to take the boys to the beach! Unless I can hose Q down afterwards, I am not into the beach! Cute pictures, though!

Marci said...

I think this is one of my favorite posts of yours :-)!

Cami Severson said...

So cute Sarah! I love your beach pictures, and the fact that you guys can go to the "beach" whenever! What a fun diversion. I didn't know that about your grandpa teaching photography at MIT, that is cool!

Aimee said...

Thanks for all the cute pictures! I think my favorites are the two where the boys are standing next to the wooden rails (part of some structure on the beach?) Their expressions are wonderful!

Aaron and Emily said...

Love the beelining for the water. Sounds like his Samuel, too.

Loved the nutter butter ghosts too! I like fun, creative food ideas for kids!

Kell's Belles said...

I'm totally stealing the Ghost Cookie idea for our ward Trunk or Treat party tonight. Thanks!