Thursday, October 22, 2009

Walk on a Beautiful Fall Day

A few things -

1. Sorry for so many heavy picture posts in the last week. I go in picture-taking spurts. Today was rainy and gray, so no more fun outdoor pictures after this post (at least for a couple of days… rain rain go away!).

2. We heard back about our appraisal – it came in exactly what we paid for it 14 months ago. While in a different year, it would have been nice for the house to actually go up in value, today I’m feeling very grateful it didn’t go down and we can move forward with the refinancing to save some money each month.

3. My goal for the week is to not feel so frustrated when things happen or come up that are out of my control, which throw my plans out the window (this happens almost every day). My other goal for next week is to go to bed before 11:30 p.m. every night. I certainly haven’t done that this week and I am tired... though I really think staying up is a part of my DNA.

4. Charlie had his 9-month check-up today. Sadly, he's thinning out because he is so mobile now (I love his chub so much). He was 18 lbs 6 oz (which is 25% - down from 50% three months ago), and was 50% in height and head circumference. I haven't had a chance to check what Eli's stats were at this age, but I'm guessing Charlie is still a little bit bigger.

5A. The weather was so perfect yesterday that we had to get outside in the afternoon and enjoy the beauty around us. I wanted to exercise by pushing the boys in the jogger, but along the way, I stopped at the golf course and took lots of pictures. Eli was less than cooperative, but I still managed to get some fun ones.

5B. If you’ve seen enough pictures of my kids this week, there are some pretty seasonal photos toward the bottom of this post :)

DSC_9111_auDSC_9114_auDSC_9116_auDSC_9119_auDSC_9139_au

The majority of my pictures are of Eli running away from me…

DSC_9141_auDSC_9155_auDSC_9191_auDSC_9166_auDSC_9198_auDSC_9210_au

DSC_9238_auDSC_9267_auDSC_9268_auDSC_9297_auDSC_9377_au

This is my favorite one of Charlie, who climbed up here, intertwined in the park bench:

DSC_9364_auDSC_9384_au

What is this thing called that Eli is standing on (part of the golf course)? I was impressed with his balance:

DSC_9393_au

He was quite pleased with himself as well.

DSC_9397_auDSC_9403_auDSC_9443_auDSC_9419_auDSC_9453_auDSC_9465_auDSC_9406_au

Some pictures from the rest of our walk:

DSC_9482_auDSC_9490_auDSC_9500_auDSC_9504_auDSC_9517_auDSC_9526_auDSC_9540_au

We have SO many squirrels and chipmunks that run around causing trouble. I thought it was fun to catch a shot of the lovely black squirrel variety…

DSC_9545_auDSC_9551_au

Pretty cobblestone streets and huge trees -

DSC_9554_auDSC_9555_au

I love autumn! It’s sad when all of the leaves fall and everything is stark for five months. But it is fun to crunch in the leaves when they are all over the ground. I’m telling you – mid to late October is such a pretty time to visit Chicago… :)

DSC_9571_auDSC_9531_auDSC_9562_auDSC_9564_au

The view below the elevated train tracks, on our way to meet Ben coming home from work on the train -

DSC_9574_au

It was so nice to be outside! The walk could have been more enjoyable though; at one point, Eli took his sippy cup and threw it at Charlie’s face… totally unprovoked. What am I going to do with this kid??

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yesterday was an awesome day. Why did have to go away so quickly with an awful day like today?

Cami Severson said...

Your neighborhood is so beautiful! I feel like I have neglected to get out an enjoy the fall weather because I have been so busy, and today I woke up to pouring rain. :-( Now all the leaves will be knocked off the trees. Too late. Good luck with your number 3!! Haha, I am right there with ya!

Amber Snow said...

I'm being totally serious here . . . you need to drop your journalism jobs and pursue photography! These pictures are AMAZING! And the beautiful fall leaves . . . just gorgeous. I really cannot even begin to tell you how jealous I am that you are able to take such great pix of your kiddos. I finally researched the Canon S90 that you recommended and it looks great. It's my number one and probably only item on my Christmas and Birthday wish list this year. Thank goodness they are close enough together that I can convince Stephen to combine them for one big gift like this. Thanks once again for your expert advice!

Suzette Selden said...

I am lovin' fall in your area! How beautiful.

Aaron and Emily said...

Where you live is so picturesque. I was thinking about those pretty neighborhoods you see in commercials and tv shows, and wondering if people really live in those tree lined beautiful neighborhoods. I guess you do!

DC Diva said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures Sarah. I think we DO need to come visit you in the fall...