Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The “L” Family Photo Shoot

On Sunday morning, I met up with my friend Krista and her family to take some family pictures in a pretty area with lots of trees that follows the canal (near the ecology center). The tricky thing was that we met around 10 a.m. and the sun was pretty bright. I’m still figuring out finding correct exposure in that kind of light.

DSC_9960_auDSC_9971_auDSC_9987_auDSC_0487_auDSC_0534_au

I quickly realized that you have to be fast when you’re taking pictures of a family with two young kids (ages 3 and 2). Their little boy goes at lightning speed! Both kids were really cooperative though and it was fun trying to get them to laugh.

DSC_0537_auDSC_0579_auDSC_0598_auDSC_0626_auDSC_0667_auDSC_0100_auDSC_0155_auDSC_0215_auDSC_0201_au

Twirling in the leaves:

DSC_0358_auDSC_0360_auDSC_0363_auDSC_0368_au

Aren’t they such a cute family?

DSC_0014_auDSC_0057_auDSC_0132_auDSC_0214_auDSC_0301_auDSC_0314_auDSC_0326_auDSC_0378_auDSC_0393_auDSC_0671_au

Krista loves photography too, so we swapped after this was over and she took some pictures of our family. Krista did a great job – but when I looked at the pictures afterward, I decided I hated my outfit (not the most flattering) and Ben’s comment was that both of our outfits would probably look outdated in a few years. Great. The quest continues to get a decent family picture for a holiday card :)

6 comments:

Hillary said...

Those are great family photos. And you're right, that family is a really good looking family. I love how they color coordinated. Good job, Sarah!

And I loved all those pics of the butterflies. Seems like a fun place for kids. I can't believe how grown up Evelyn looks these days. Say hi to Khania for me.

Rachel said...

Cute pictures, Sarah. I think you did a great job. And they are a darling family. The mom looks familiar to me -- did she got to Jerusalem with Sam and I? Spring 2000? Maybe?

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

those pictures turned out so great! I love all of them . It will be hard for the Lebaron's to decide!

Emily said...

I love these! Can you take our pictures too?

DC Diva said...

Sarah -- seriously... you have a gift! I'm loving seeing your work. Darling family and GREAT shots!

Krista said...

I was just reading the comments posted on our shoot. I did go to Jerusalem in Spring 2000 but I cannot remember rachel or sam I don't think. Maybe a last name would help or more pics of them.
That's so funny. Thanks again Sarah for the shoot. We love the pics.