Monday, January 18, 2010

Getting Healthy Again

It was a bright spot last week when I noticed Eli was smiling again. He was pretty miserable with the croup, the steroid med., and just feeling lousy. By the end of the week, he was back to his normal self, playing, dancing, running, etc.

DSC_9600 copy

Charlie is teething once again, and he has been waking up at horrible hours in the morning – often between 4:30 a.m. and 5:45 a.m. and not going back to bed for a few hours. Then Eli wakes up and the day keeps going…

…and I am absolutely exhausted! Oh Charlie. SLEEP LATER!!!! (today was no exception – we’ve been up since 5:45 and he is still going strong – it’s 8:30 now)

DSC_9605 copyDSC_9609 copy

I have this cream blanket that I love. It is the softest, coziest throw and it keeps me warm in our chilly family room.

DSC_9617 copy

Of course, it’s such a cozy blanket that someone else likes it even more. He calls it “mommy’s blankie.” No, it’s not my blankie, but I like that he named it. There were a few nights last week when Eli woke up in the middle of the night crying (night terrors) and the only thing that calmed him down was when I brought this blanket into his crib - he would snuggle and go back to sleep.

DSC_9624 copyDSC_9635 copy

This picture is deceiving – like Eli might be tired enough to take a little rest on the blanket. No way! Charlie sucks his thumb when he’s sitting on it, I think because the blanket reminds him of his blankie that he sleeps with.

DSC_9641 copy

Here are some pictures from one early morning last week. Charlie loves having full reign to the toys without Eli around to yell at him.

DSC_9671 copyDSC_9677 copyDSC_9685 copyDSC_9690 copyDSC_9703 copy

See the pictures above? Those were before Thursday, when Charlie fell onto the corner of our shoe bench near our side door and got a small gash on his face. It was horrible!! I took pictures and emailed them to Ben – I didn’t know if I should take him to the doctor or not. But the bleeding stopped and the gash isn’t very big, so I think it was okay to leave it alone. Poor Charlie. I felt so, so bad, but I know he’s at the busy, bumpy, tipsy walking phase and will have more bumps and spills.

DSC_9721 copy

Back to the blanket. Eli likes to wrap up in my blanket to watch a show.

DSC_9724 copy

DSC_9733 copy

Sweet boy.

DSC_9740 copy

And here’s Charlie’s cut, starting to scab over. I think it is healing pretty fast.

DSC_9745 copy

And finally, go check out the sales at Gap!! I picked up these cow pjs for Eli for $7. And stocked up on stuff for next year. A few days ago, all sale stuff was an additional 50% off.

DSC_9762 copy

Random things from the week – Eli now adds a different ending to “no” when he answers you negatively - “NO-ah” but still keeps his forceful “NOOOOO” when he’s telling Charlie no.

Charlie’s word of the week is cracker! I love hearing him babble and practice his language skills. Most of the time he just says “mama” and “dada” but cracker was a fun one.

2 comments:

Krista said...

ooo that blanket does look scrumptious. Eli doesn't it make you want to take an afternoon nap?

Young Family said...

Your boys are so cute! I only can see about half of the pictures :(