Thursday, April 29, 2010

Eli in his Big Bed!

So much has happened since I blogged last week. My friend asked me to photograph the birth of her second son, who arrived early Friday morning (1 a.m.) and then I had the hardest time going back to sleep after I got home at 2:30 a.m. How do you go back to sleep when you’ve just seen a baby born?? It was too exciting :) 

On Friday, I did my best to make it through the day after getting just a few hours of sleep. On Saturday, I had an engagement photo shoot with the cutest, happiest couple. I had to be fast and edit the photos that night to get the CD of images to them the next day since they are getting married next month…I stayed up late working on those that night. Then every chance I had on the computer, I was sorting through the 500 photos that I took at the birth, editing them, etc. with my very slow computer that kept stalling on me. I’m replacing this computer SOON! I can’t wait.

Not to mention that Eli got sick over the weekend. It started off with a fever of 103 on Saturday. I stayed home with the kids on Sunday since he woke up feverish again, this time with a croupy cough (along with the fact that he woke up crying or coughing a zillion times on Saturday night). On Tuesday, Charlie woke up and was sneezing, coughing, and feverish. Eli seemed fine in the morning, so I sent him to preschool. But later that day, I felt a little guilty about that decision because he was SO crabby and still coughing here and there. Today, both kids were miserable but I decided if we didn’t at least go to the park, I was going to lose my mind being cooped up with two sad, crabby kids (I think at least one of the kids was crying on and off throughout the day). Poor Charlie sneezed SO much, so he had constant watery eyes and had these massive amounts of snot flying out of his nose, it was crazy.

So besides the germs looming in our house, the biggest change around here was Eli moving out of his crib to a big bed! He’s never actually climbed out of his crib, but he has started to get more adventurous with his climbing and I was nervous about him finally trying it. Besides, he seemed ready for the change. Here he is on Saturday night, reading the book, Yummy/Yucky in his big boy bed. I’m off to bed, but I’ll post more pictures soon – from the birth and from the rest of the week. Someday I’ll feel caught up… right??

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Such a cute video! Great reading Eli!

Marci said...

The video wouldn't play for me...I'll have to try again later, but you sure are keeping busy! I can't wait to see the pictures from the birth. That seems to be the latest photography trend, huh?! I wish someone had done that with one of our babies! The engagement shots look great too! I hope you are getting more sleep now :-).

Elizabeth Severson said...

Eli has a great vocabolary and he is a good storyteller too:0)