Saturday, April 10, 2010

Shedd Aquarium

We love Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium, so I borrowed a friend’s pass and ventured out with the boys to the city  a few weeks ago. Eli wore his turtle shirt and was very focused on finding the turtles as soon as we walked in.

DSC_3329 copy

He also loved seeing this octopus!

DSC_3333 copy

Here are Eli and Charlie watching the penguins – I think this was Charlie’s favorite exhibit.

DSC_3349 copy

We couldn’t go the Shedd without seeing the show, which had changed since I saw it last. I love this room because you can see Lake Michigan outside the windows. It was CRAZY windy that day and the waves were huge.

DSC_3364 copy

We had really close seats, which was fun and hard at the same time. Fun – because we had a great view. Hard – because Charlie kept trying to scale this rock and climb down to get an even better view :)

DSC_3369 copy

DSC_3375 copy

I was too busy trying to hold Charlie back, so I kept missing the opportunities to get a decent picture of the dolphins jumping up, but here’s my lousy attempt while holding Charlie’s waistband at the same time. He is at a BUSY stage and likes to move move move… :)

DSC_3390 copy

1 comment:

Marci said...

The aquarium looks amazing! It's like your own indoor Sea World!