Monday, April 05, 2010

I LOVE Contests

I realize I haven’t blogged in a LONG time (at least in terms of my usual speed of blogging – life has been extra crazy and my computer has been a major pain) and I have about 100 things to blog about, which I will do this week (I’ll try not to bombard you all in one day). But we just got back from a trip to Arkansas over the holiday weekend with Ben’s brother Caleb and family that met us from Houston… I was reading my email on the drive home and this one in particular caught my eye:

Congratulations Sarah,

You have been chose as the winner of the Velas all-inclusive vacation. You will be sent an electronic gift certificate which will be sent to you as soon as it's ready.

Please note this prize has to be used before 12/31/10 and does not include airfare).
Thank you for entering and more importantly, thank you for being a part of our EverythingMom community. We will continue to build on our great content with new articles and discussions and giveaways.

Congratulations again. I'm sure you will have an amazing time when you do go on your trip.

Cheers,

Carrie Anne Badov
Managing Editor / Review Editor

  mexico2

WHAT????

I seriously won this contest? All I had to do was answer a quick survey on this web site and I was entered to win. Here are some of the prize details:

As part of EverythingMom Spring Sweepstakes, one special reader will get the spring break (or summer, fall or winter) of a lifetime, with an All-Inclusive Stay at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit*, valued at $5586 USD. This trip will give a family of four (2 adults and 2 children) the chance to spend a week together on sandy beaches, in the surf and exploring local culture, anytime. Velas Resorts will furnish the lucky group with a gift certificate valid until 12.31.2010, meaning you can jet off just as next winter’s snow starts dumping on your driveway! This prize is available to both US and Canadian residents.mexico3

Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort is rated AAA 5-Diamond, and is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World. This resort offers a world-class Spa (winner of the Condé Nast "Most Excellent Spa Hotel" award 2009) and Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice award for “Best Luxury Hotel in the World”. An amazing 22,000-sq.ft. infinity swimming pool and Jacuzzi, tennis courts, beach volleyball and more. Located on the magnificent Banderas Bay, Grand Velas delivers the ultimate beyond all-inclusive vacation.

  • Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort, Nuevo Vallarta is a member of The Leading Hotels of the World
  • AAA Five Diamond Conde Naste Johansens recommended
  • Five Star Diamond award
  • Distintivo H Certification Leading Spas of the World member
  • TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award
mexico1

This makes driving back to Chicago (we left at 8 a.m. and got home at 9:30 p.m. with a few quick stops along the way – it was a LONG day) and arriving in a nasty lightning/thunder/rainstorm so much sweeter.

Nothing can wipe the smile off of my face – not the hail currently pounding down or the crazy amount of rain falling and lightly seeping into the cement wall of our basement storage room (it’s not too bad at the moment… hopefully won’t get worse down there). It’s not likely Ben and I would ever spend that much to stay at a place like this—it’s such a special treat!! We have airline miles that we’ve saved up so we could take a 10-year-anniversary trip at the end of this year, but this will end up being an even nicer vacation than we had originally planned. Hooray!!

It’s a good day. And it’s so nice to be home about to fall asleep in my comfy bed and sheets. More details on the last few weeks to come!

7 comments:

Marci said...

WHAT?!?! That is AMAZING!!!! I didn't think people ever really won those big trips :-)! CONGRATS!!!!

DC Diva said...

Way to go Sarah! You totally deserve this. What a nice vacation you and Ben will have... way to celebrate!!!

Kell's Belles said...

Yay, Sarah! That is so exciting! There's something about having a trip to look forward to that makes life a little nicer (we booked our 10th anniversary trip while we were in the middle of surgical recovery two weeks ago--believe me, I needed that psychological boost!). Can't wait to read the blog about the trip when it happens!

Krista said...

ohhhh the pics....it looks so fabulous!! I'm so happy for you. I think this calls for a new swimsuit and cover up or whatever treat you are wanting for this vacay. :)

Lindsay said...

Congrats Sarah! This will be an awesome trip!

Hillary said...

You deserve a trip like that, Sarah. Congrats! I hope your Gram is doing well after her surgery.

Aaron and Emily said...

Are you kidding me? That is SO COOL! Where the heck is Velas? Am I out of it? Are you taking the kids too, or just you and Ben? You TOTALLY deserve this. Especially after taking so much of your and Ben's vacation time and airline miles to use on family reunions. When will you go?!