Wednesday, January 05, 2011

2011 Resolutions

We all know we're more likely to stick to our goals if we share them with other people. Here are a few of my goals for this year - none of them are earth shattering, but I know if I stick to them or meet these goals, I will have a happy, healthy, and organized year.

This year, I'd like to:

Read at least one book/month (meaning - finish one book/month, not just start it)
Give up my regular consumption of peanut m&ms
Exercise at least 4 days/week (I'm trying to be reasonable here - I've been on a good streak this week)
Take my multivitamin and extra calcium 
Keep my desk organized, eliminate the surface clutter
Be better about planning my meals each week
Have regular prayer and scripture study
Devote a chunk of time each day to have uninterrupted play with the kids - ignoring emails, phone calls, etc.
Go to bed by midnight each night (not accomplishing this tonight! darn.)
Keep up with my many magazines that I subscribe to (rather than letting them pile up) or cancel the ones I don't get around to reading
Date night with Ben at least once/month (like I said, I'm talking feasible goals - once/week would be great, but not realistic at this point in our lives)
Finish the painting furniture projects in our bedroom
Be more patient - with my kids, my husband, friends, random strangers, slow drivers
Get more organized with my photography business, finish putting together the photog. blog and post regularly
Attend another photography workshop
Teach Eli to read and toilet train Charlie
Get our closets and kitchen cabinets in order

I'm off to bed, 20 minutes late! Happy New Year everyone.

3 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

Give up peanut m&m's? We were just talking about your love of them earlier this week... (some kind of random "which type of m&m conversation)... I will be impressed if you give that up!

Krista said...

great goals! i like the uninterrupted play with kids too.

DC Diva said...

Yes, the uninterrupted play time is a great goal!

You have wonderful goals. I'm tired. :)