Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekend with Davey

Davey spent the weekend with us, so we shared one of Eli's favorite things with him - throwing rocks over the bridge.

Saturday was a warm, humid day. It's strange to feel warm, 70-degree air when it's been cold for so long. We were reminded of the cold weather the next day when we were back to the 40s and 50s with lots of rain. It's still damp and cold today, but the end of this week looks promising! We'll look forward to that :)

It's fun to throw rocks and watch them fall...
But it's sad when we've thrown all the rocks - Eli wanted more!
On Sunday I dressed the boys in matching sweaters. Charlie looked like a little old man-ish, but it was still cute :)
I bought this sweater for Eli last fall, and was recently back at Gymboree and noticed a 3-6 month sized version of the same sweater, so I snatched it up for $5. Good thing we can't seem to shake winter weather very fast - it gives us lots of time to wear cute sweaters.
Eli is just a month away from turning 2! He is WAY more opinionated, strong-willed, and has a wild and crazy side. It's getting harder to distract him or sway him from things he wants to do. He has very extreme emotions, happy or sad. I've already seen a glimpse of the feet stomping, tantrum-throwing moments that you associate with age 2, but thankfully he still graces us with his fun, sweet happy self too.

4 comments:

Marci said...

Gotta love matching kiddos :-)!

Kell's Belles said...

We've had a never-ending winter here, too. It's hard! But I hear you on getting all that extra use out of the cold weather clothes :) I guess I should be thankful that I'm just now digging out the spring wardrobes!

LOVE those sweaters. And I adore Gymboree (the best in holding up for hand-me-downs in my opinion!).

Mostess Mommy said...

I love their matching sweaters! How cute are those boys?

Laura said...

cute boys!! I love your easter pics (esp the one with eli leaning against the wall!! What a fun road trip!! Glad the kids did well with those! I'm also glad that it is getting warmer there and that Charlie is 12 weeks now?? time goes so fast! And he's a happy baby!! Love all the pics, you really should go into buisness your so good at taking them! I also wanted to say that my little bro works in the gov and he got to shake Pres. Obama's hand! Glad things are going well!