Sunday, December 26, 2010

Winter Wonderland at the Botanic Gardens

I took the boys to the Botanic Gardens' Winter Wonderland last week and my dad met up with us, which was lots of fun. It's free on Tuesdays and we're members of the gardens, so parking was free too. I'm all about cheap/free holiday events! Here are the gingerbread houses on display - 
Inside the main area, everything is made out of wood and plants, and there are model trains running through the various scenes. It's a really beautiful display.
The Chicago scene - can you spot the Willis Tower? (I hate calling it that - I miss the Sears Tower!)



I love the Bahai Temple model:
It was really crowded in the main display area, so we went out to the hall to get some breathing room. The boys just loved waiting for the trains to come around:

Afterward, they played in the snow for a little bit on the gardens grounds.






It was a chilly day, but like always, Charlie was stuck on wearing his red hoodie...

No comments: