Friday, November 06, 2009

At Home

I snapped a few pictures of Charlie and Eli on the couch the other day, reading together. Charlie was perusing the Toys R Us catalog and Eli was reading Curious George (while listening to the book on CD).

DSC_2209_auDSC_2204_au

One of Eli’s favorite things to do right now is “go shopping” – he pushes the cart around the house and finds things to put inside. I ring it all up at the end and he thinks it’s the best thing ever.

DSC_2220_au

Looking out the window is another favorite activity. Especially when you’re up high.

DSC_2225_au

This is Eli’s look when I caught him standing up here and asked him to get down… so innocent :)

DSC_2227_au

Charlie is the sweetest baby. I love this age. His happiness is infectious. A lady standing behind us in line at the store today told me Charlie was so cute that she wanted to take a picture of him. I told her I take plenty :) I like when strangers are nice to you because of your cute kids – much better than when they’re not-so-nice because of your annoying kids…

DSC_2256_au

Charlie thinks everything Eli does is interesting. And hilarious.

DSC_2280_au

Charlie is the three-tooth wonder now – I think the single top tooth is so fun. The fourth one seems to be getting closer to coming through though, so this won’t last long.

DSC_2269_auDSC_2281_auDSC_2341_au

Charlie’s even temperament is such a good balance for crazy Eli. Lately he has been VERY emotional – I’d like to say it’s because he’s still adjusting to the time change and seems overtired. But I’m not sure. This week at playgroup, we were playing in the church gym. I brought a ride-on toy and the shopping cart for Eli to push around (and share with the other kids), but Eli just sat next to me, gripping both toys tightly and crying anytime a child came near him. Not the best day.

DSC_2357_au

Here’s at the dinner table – Eli entertaining Charlie with his antics:

DSC_2395_auDSC_2393_auDSC_2396_au

And Charlie entertaining us with his MESSY face. Self-feeding at this age requires a lot of patience on my part. It’s everything I can do to not hold the bowl myself and feed it to him neatly, rather than get tomato sauce in his eyebrows, scalp, and the crevices between his fingers.

DSC_2402_au

I think he was proud of the mess he made…

DSC_2411_auDSC_2412_au

What is with little boys and spitting? What is the appeal?

DSC_2413_au

DSC_2414_auDSC_2417_au

Time to wash off the dinner aftermath:

DSC_2422_auDSC_2439_au

And finally, both boys clean and in warm, matching jammies. I couldn’t resist taking some pictures of them watching out the front door, waiting for Ben to arrive home from the train.

DSC_2449_au

Love these boys. And love that they were both in bed by 7 p.m.

DSC_2465_au

I’m off to bed now… Charlie is still on the previous time, so he’s been waking every day at 5 a.m. Ugh. It makes 6 a.m. seem like sleeping in!

7 comments:

Laura said...

love matching jammies! Harrison loves walking around the house filling ups bags of stuff...maybe I should get a cart! Love all the Halloween festivities and costumes and pumpkins (very impressive blue!) . The boys looked so cute and comfy!! Loved your idea! Gorgeous leaves...the fall must be so pretty over there! And are you know photographing families?! I wish we lived close! You do such an excellent job!

Krista said...

okay the jammies...to die for. They look adorable. Then I love the messy face of Charlie. It just made me smile because seriously all you can do is pop him in the tub to get that cleaned up! It also makes me jealous that your kids went to bed at 7! You must be some amazing mommy! And thanks for your sweet comment today. Made my day.

KATINA KARAS STUART said...

I sure do love seeing pictures of the cutest grandsons in the world! I love the matching jammies. They are adorable.

Marci said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Charlie's messy face - especially the first one!

Hillary said...

Love all the pics of your boys. The one of Charlie with his dinner all over his face totally reminds me of Cameron at dinner just about every night. You do such a good job of capturing their cute little expressions.

Gwendolyn said...

Time change TOTALLY messed us our little one's schedule too--hope things have improved by now :)

The messy eating is also soooo cute, but makes me cringe when I think about it in my house!

Krazy Khania said...

Evy like to go shopping too but she always has a baby in her cart. I love the boys in matching jams looking for Daddy!