Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Typical Sunday Morning, Pumpkin Song, Swinging, and Crunching Leaves

Sunday is an interesting day. Sometimes it’s so relaxing because I’m not trying to run errands and get a million things accomplished. Other times though, I feel totally cooped up, stuck, and wishing Ben could be around to help since he’s usually gone all morning at meetings (especially when Eli is trying my patience).

Last Sunday morning was a good one. I bathed the boys, fed them breakfast, Charlie napped and Eli and I played games (he especially loves Zingo), and then Charlie was up to play until we left for church.

DSC_1877DSC_1886

Here’s Eli’s typical face as Charlie starts crawling toward him (“NOOOOOOO Charlie!!!”)

DSC_1908_au

But somehow I convinced Eli that he should sit next to Charlie while they ate some graham crackers – I really was surprised when he agreed to my plan (this way Charlie wouldn’t fall off as easily).

DSC_1914_au

But Eli didn’t stay in place very long.

DSC_1969_auDSC_1991_au

I love these sippy cups for Eli – it doesn’t have the typical sippy spout, but more like a travel mug spout. I know I should just give him a cup, but with Charlie within arm’s reach, I prefer the sippy.

DSC_2003_au

Back to their separate sides:

DSC_2043_auDSC_2078_au

Then there’s Eli running around, making messes wherever he goes…

DSC_2101_au

Peeking out the window:

DSC_2105_auDSC_2107_au

And below are two videos from the last couple of days – the first is Eli doing the “Five Little Pumpkins” rhyme that he learned at preschool (he of course said it much better the first time, but I didn’t have my camera ready):

Five Little Pumpkins - Eli age 2 from Sarah on Vimeo.

The next video was taken yesterday after we got back from a long walk. The weather has been much nicer the last few days, reaching into the 60s again with lots of sun. I am so grateful for these nice days before we get slammed with bitter cold. While I was walking yesterday, I was thinking, “I would be SO much more in shape if we lived in a place that was warmer for most of the year…” Exercising outside is so much easier than going to the gym.

My favorite part of this video is the beginning when Charlie is squealing and kicking his legs with excitement (and hiccupping too). I love these boys! It’s so nice when they’re having fun at the same time.

Boys Swinging Outside Nov. 2009 from Sarah on Vimeo.

And finally, on this long, random post – a follow up to the pretty fall pictures from the last couple of weeks. All the pretty leaves on the trees are falling fast. The first two pics are from the end of last week…

DSC03975_au

DSC03982_au

Now they’re mostly just brown and crispy. In the village next to ours, they have very easy leaf collection – all you have to do is push your piles of leaves onto the front curb and leaf pickup trucks go around scooping it all up. It’s kind of crazy driving around all of the massive leaf piles. Some piles are taller than Eli!

DSC_2120_auDSC_2121_auDSC_2124_au

4 comments:

Krista said...

yes, I've been wondering about these leaf piles. I want to do a pile but I haven't noticed my neighbors doing it yet. Maybe I should start the trend? I love the pumpkins on the gate song. I'll have to have Eli teach me that sometime.

The Yosts said...

Love the red leaves! Wish we had some to jump in!

Rachel said...

I'm impressed you have your boys dressed in actual clothes before church. No matter how late church is, I keep the kids in jammies till we bathe and get in church clothes. I only want to dirty one set of clothes a day, I guess. And I'm lazy.

Elizabeth Severson said...

It's funny how Eli doesn't want Charlie close to him sometimes. He likes his personal space ha!! I love the Autumn leaves, so beautiful. Here in Houston is green everywhere, I kind of miss the naked trees and messy streets full of leaves of California.