Sunday, November 15, 2009

The U Family

I took some pictures of our friends Emily, Ross, and their little boy Simon last week. It was a little tricky because I had my kids with me, so I strapped Charlie onto my back and Eli ran around, sometimes distracting Simon and other times making him laugh. I realized that it’s very hard to be perfectly still to take pictures when you have a 9-month-old attached to you :)

DSC_3340_auDSC_3413 copyDSC_3418 copyDSC_3519 copyDSC_3554 copy

I like this one – they look very sophisticated with the lighthouse and old house in the background :)

DSC_3596 copyDSC_3652 copy

I love the next two pictures of Simon. He had fun running around in the grass – he’s fast though, so I felt lucky to catch a few of him looking in my direction :)

DSC_3688 bwDSC_3713 copyDSC_3449 copyDSC_3498 copyDSC_3518 copyDSC_3686_au

Simon was about five seconds from jumping off the log when I took this picture:

DSC_3754 copyDSC_3976 copy

It’s tricky taking pictures as the sun is setting because the light changes so fast… I used my external flash on the picture above, but not on the one below. Crazy how dark it is by 4:30 p.m. at this time of year (we started around 3:30, when it was much brighter)!

DSC_3878 copy

Thanks Emily and Ross – you were great!

4 comments:

Mostess Mommy said...

Cute pictures! I love the ones of Simon in the grass, especially the b+w!

Emily said...

I love these, thank you so much, Sarah! You are a really talented photographer!

Marci said...

They turned out great - the blues are so photographed really well - and you'd never know you were wearing a baby the whole time too :-)!

Krista said...

fantastic. The one with the house behind is one of my faves too. It looks so sophisticated.