Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween Fun

Eli was SO excited about trick or treating. We talked about it all day, and finally it was 4 p.m. – time to venture out. It was a very windy, cold day, but Eli was ready to go. Our first stop was next door at Sasha and Oliver’s house. He loves the red pig near the front door! He had fun seeing their costumes and getting his first piece of candy.

DSC_1717

Charlie had fun chewing on the outside of the candy bars.

DSC_1718

Here’s excited Eli, running to our next destination:

DSC_1719

There was a NU football game going on just down the street – one of our neighbors makes quite a bit selling parking spaces on their lawn ($20/car adds up fast!). The fun thing about yesterday’s game was that they had fireworks at the end (I guess for Halloween?). Eli loved watching them from our back yard.

My family came down to see the boys in their costumes, so Davey and my dad walked around with us while my mom passed out candy at our house.

DSC_1723

I was glad the boys had such warm costumes! Charlie was a trooper.

DSC_1727DSC_1729DSC_1731DSC_1753DSC_1765DSC_1766

At one of the houses, there was a couple who just moved here from Australia. The wife was out videotaping the trick or treating in the neighborhood. She was very sweet and got excited when she saw that Eli was a kangaroo.

DSC_1771DSC_1773DSC_1781

Seeing all of the fun decorations made me feel like our house was pretty boring. No huge spiders on our windows…

DSC_1786DSC_1788DSC_1793DSC_1802DSC_1809

We didn’t last too long – I think we were out for about an hour and went to about 15 houses. (Eli was walking VERY slow at the beginning) Afterward, I tried to get a picture of the boys together, but Charlie was ready to get out of the cold and Eli was being very silly.

DSC_1816DSC_1827DSC_1815

Next week is Davey’s 25th birthday, so we celebrated last night with tasty pizza from Homemade Pizza (love that place – I always get the caramelized onion and sausage pizza w/out cheese). We finished things off with a chocolate cake. We got Davey some CDs (he loves country music) and an antique bowling pin, since he loves bowling too.

DSC_1847

Later that night, we went to a fun Halloween party while my parents and Davey stayed at our house with the boys. Ben and I were foosball players (notice the poles in our shirts? I borrowed my clothes from a teenager in the ward who plays soccer). There were lots of creative costumes – the Octomom and her donor, a pair of m&ms, the Donner party, a trio of sushi rolls, stick figures (they used electrical tape on white outfits to make a guy and a girl), etc. One of the hosts makes movies, so we got to watch one of them, Loon (the link takes you to a trailer), and it definitely made us jump! I am so not a scary movie girl, but this wasn’t SO bad that it gave me nightmares.

It was nice to get out, so thanks for the babysitting!

DSC_1868

7 comments:

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

I love your outfits! I bet the party was a blast! Lucky you to have babysitters! :)

Your boys sure look cute in their outfits! It really was such a chilly day! They looked cozy and warm in their costumes!

Krista said...

love the costumes. You guys are so creative. I too wish we could have gone to the party.
We lasted about an hour and 15 min. too and then came some runny noses and coughing afterwards. It was a decent night though. I guess I keep expecting it to be FREEZING and I'm not yet dying in the cold here. Ahh. It's so nice to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised I suppose.

Anne said...

Fun costumes! They look so warm which is always good. You are awesome with all your pics!

DC Diva said...

Great family picture during trick or treating!

Also, LOVE your costumes. Very creative!

Kell's Belles said...

I'm with Eli. That red pig is awesome!

The boys' costumes are so cute! And 15 houses/1 hour is LONG. Seriously, Sadie lasted 15 MINUTES and about six houses. I'm impressed with their stamina!

Elizabeth Severson said...

Cute pictures Sarah! Eli is so cute in his Kangaroo custume and Charlie looks so cozy. I bet Eli really enjoy asking for candy:0)

Aimee said...

I love the pictures. And your adults costumes are great - I love the idea! Although I'd probably take someone out with a stick if I wasn't careful :-) Glad that Eli enjoyed Halloween - Nathan is still asking every night whether he can go trick or treating. This once a year thing is too much to figure out.