Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sickies

I think these pictures accurately depict how things are at our house this week – Eli is pretty sick, Charlie is a little sick. It’s definitely worse than I originally thought on Monday and yesterday morning. I’ve cleaned up vomit and LOTS of gross diapers. The kids haven’t left the house since we got back from the puking incident on Monday.

DSC_4080

But I have lots of reasons to be happy! Here are a few:

*Charlie has started to hum along when he hears music – it’s very cute. And that fourth tooth is finally breaking through his gums!

*A friend surprised me with one of my favorite treats (delicious almond croissant) and a sweet card.

*My mom teaches piano on Tuesdays in my town and came a little earlier so I could run to the grocery store without the sick kiddos.

*Charlie thinks it’s hilarious when I copy Eli in a crazy voice and say, “NO CHARLIE!” He laughs and laughs. Which makes me laugh too.

*Eli TOOK A NAP today!! And there was even some crossover with Charlie’s afternoon nap. It was the most heavenly afternoon. Both kids even woke up happy – bonus!

*My first article for the new web site, www.justanumber.com was published yesterday – it’s on women and heart health.

I’m currently working on another article due next week – on reducing stress during the holidays. The topic makes me laugh since I almost always take on way too much, especially during this time of year (okay, it’s really all year long… I still need to figure out how to cut back a little).

I’ll leave you with two more pictures of my little sickies. Poor Eli looks pretty glazed over. And both kids’ expressions are so similar in the last picture that it’s kind of funny. Hopefully the horrible cough and stomach bug is on it’s way out!

DSC_4084DSC_4090

6 comments:

Marci said...

That last picture is hilarious. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Kell's Belles said...

They sure are cute! Poor little guys. I hope everybody feels better very soon and that you don't have to clean up any more vomit!

Krista said...

brava on the article! Make sure to post a link for your next one on reducing stress. I love the glazed over faces.

Unknown said...

so, i secretely like it a little when they are so sick they just want to lay around and sleep. true, i feel badly for their plight, but i do enjoy the silence a bit. oh, the guilty pleasures of being a mom!!

Lindy & Trever said...

Hang in there. TGIF:)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

Oh little sick ones...please get better soon so your mom can get some rest! Hope they feel better soon!