Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Eli the Tipsy Toddler

Eli is going through a bumps and bruises stage - he toddles around everywhere, but still biffs it about one in five times. It makes for an interesting day - I watch him walk around and usually hold my breath, hoping he's not going to fall on a sharp corner or step on a block in his way. On Sunday he had a huge bump on his eyebrow from falling and hitting the side of the tub (not while taking a bath, but being in there while I was brushing my teeth). Today his teeth somehow cut his lip when he fell down at some point. I would like to get his 1-year picture taken soon, but he keeps banging up his face, so I wait another day.

Here he is early this morning, carrying the balloon around from his birthday that is still floating more than a week later:

And speaking of his birthday, here is a picture from last week when we had lunch at Walker Brother's Pancake House - pecan wafles and crispy hashbrowns are my favorite - yum yum yum! Eli loves his snack catcher as shown below - it makes him such an independent snacker, which I love.

Behind us are these old ladies who were very sweet to Eli while we were there - he was feeling social that day and walked over to say hi to them.

5 comments:

Cami Severson said...

Kaelan is walking all over the place too. He got a bloody lip at the gym, the other day, trying to "run" when he saw something exciting. Does Eli do that too? It always scares me to death, because he is never looking at where he is stepping. At this stage their heads are so out of proportion to their bodies, when they get off balance, it is always the head that goes first. I can't imagine carrying a head, that big, around on my neck all day!! This is what I call the "boo boo" stage. Good luck with pictures! ;)

Cami Severson said...

oh, BTW, we have that same snack catcher (came in a pack of two). I love them!!

Sam said...

So, I didn't get Bennett's One year old picture taken till he was 13 or 14 months. I was trying to wait until there was a time when all the bruises ad cuts on his face were healed from his constant falling during that early walking stage. I finally just gave up, and took him anyway. Sam said it was an accurate representation of what Bennett was like at that point. And it was.

Ashley said...

I enjoyed your pictures and reading your blog! My baby is just over a year old too, she turned one on May 13'th. She's not walking by herself yet though. It looks like lots of fun!

Kell's Belles said...

I'm with you. I'm ready for this stage to be OVER! Sadie fell so hard the other day she bit her tongue. It took me 15 minutes to stop the bleeding. You'd think I'd have nerves of steel after getting two other kids through this, but it's not the case. Here's to steady walkers (by the end of the month?!?)! Good luck with the pictures!