Thursday, May 08, 2008

Little Boy with a Lightsaber

I think I'm going to be sentimental all month long as Eli's first birthday approaches. My baby is turning one in 13 days??? It can't be!

But there is proof everywhere. Last night Eli was so excited to play with his friend Sam's lightsaber.

A lightsaber.

I am so clueless with Star Wars that I had to google that word and make sure I spelled it right. I was never sure if that item was a lightsaver or a lightsaber.

He liked this remote control car too.

It's like something changed after our trip to Utah. Eli suddenly had more confidence with walking (maybe because there were more carpeted floors everywhere!) and had a surge in independence too.

I'm sad he won't be a baby forever, but I'm glad he's such a sweet little boy!
I'm trying not to be teary! :)

10 comments:

Laura said...

Just brace yourself if he's already attracted to a lightsaber! And don't worry, before long you'll know all about midi-chlorians, Boba Fett, and Tatooine. :-)

Lindsay said...

What a big boy. I'm glad to hear his confidence if up with his walking. :) (I didn't know if it was a lightsaber or a lightsaver either. I don't know Star Wars very well).

Cami Severson said...

Oh Sarah, I know exactly how you feel!! I, of course, want them to grow up, but can't they do it more slowly?!!!!

Haha!! Lightsabers, we might have one or two of those, well,...okay...FIVE!!

Sarah Smith said...

I can't believe his is almost one! I'm glad I'm not the only one who wasn't sure if it was lightsaver or lightsaber. Eli is such a cutie!

Christina Huling said...

Jacob just turned 1 Mar 23. It goes by so fast. he's big, but moms might be the last to see it b/c to us they are always our babies. I look at Jacob's feet and think "he's so little." He tries to play out front with the big kids and gets really offended when I bring him back in. I've always wanted them all to stay at this stage, they are so sweet and innocent still, but each stage is fun and with Jaden and Jocelyn I have 2 little friends that can love me more and tell me more each day! It keeps getting better :)

Aaron and Emily said...

He's so cute, he looks like a walking baby!

Beckie said...

oh he is a little BOY!!! so so cute!

Marci said...

I can't believe he's almost one! They get big so fast, but 12-18 months is my personal favorite age. They grow and learn sooo much during that time and really become little people :-).

Krazy Khania said...

If you'd like Grant can teach you and Eli ALL about Star Wars. HE HE!

DC Diva said...

Time flies! He is so cute--really a toddler--crazy! I never knew if it was saver or saber too!!! And beautiful tulips on the other post.