Friday, May 30, 2008

The Strong-Willed Child

This boy has a very strong will and can be quite stubborn. Here he is digging through the diaper bag and pulling everything out. If I pick him up and place him somewhere else, he usually will go right back to where he was getting into trouble in the first place.

Yesterday I went to feed Eli lunch and he was being really demanding (as is often the case). I usually stick him in his booster seat at the table (which is in our living room since the kitchen is tiny - not the most convenient thing) and give him a few cheerios or something to tide him over until I can bring more food. I did this and then walked into the kitchen to get some things, and Eli was not impressed.

He was objecting in a loud way, and I called to him from the other room, "Eli?" and he yelled back in a frustrated tone, "Aarah?" (translation: Sarah?) I think you had to be there to experience it, but it was pretty funny to have him respond like that.

5 comments:

Kell's Belles said...

Love, Love, LOVE that picture! His face says it all. And I love that he calls you Sarah!

Marci said...

I want to hear him call you Sarah! So funny :-)!

Amber said...

He is still calling you Arah? What happened to mommy? That is too cute, though :)

Sarah S said...

I would love it if my child called me Mommy... but for now I'll take what I can get! Aarah it is :)

Krazy Khania said...

I love him!!! Evy does a similar thing. she says "mommy" sweetly and if she gets no reply she shouts "MOMMY!"