Eli really enjoyed his birthday!My parents came over and he opened their gifts. He loves carrying clothes on hangers and was excited about the books and flashcards too. We went over to the park and played for a while.
He took great naps today (which was good, considering he was up at 5:30 this morning :), so he was in a really happy mood.
We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and ended the evening with a brownie sundae. Eli has never had so much sugar in his life (let alone chocolate and whip cream!!) so he went to town. It was really cute. And the waitress kept bringing him plates of bananas throughout our dinner, which he would devour in seconds.
Happy Birthday Eli! We love you so much. Here are some of Eli's tricks at one year:
- He walks everywhere and tries to run a little
- He loves to say duck, dog, tick tock, da da, (s)arah, hi
- He still has a love of grapes, turkey, bananas, bread, and peas (and goldfish crackers and baby puffs too)
- He's very cuddly and loves to toddle over to one of us and jump in our arms
- We kiss his squishy cheeks nonstop and he doesn't seem to mind :)
- He loves stuffed animals and usually chews on the nose of whatever animal it is
- He likes to dance and he loves music
- He likes to open cupboards and explore new spaces - he's becoming more independent with exploring on his own
- He is usually pretty social in public places like church, restaurants, shopping, etc.
- He loves watching other children
- He likes to point at things or people
- He has a book (Where is Baby's Belly Button?) that has the cover picture also inside the book - when we get to that page, he flips back to the cover, showing that he sees they are the same
- He loves electronics and cords - anything related to the computer, cell phones, t.v., remotes, cameras, camcorder, etc.