Saturday, June 28, 2008

Back to Reality

Last night I got my frustration out by blogging and of course eating those tasty snacks. Thanks for your sweet comments, even those of you who will miss out on future TJ snacks :) Today those snacks look less appetizing!

I had to keep going with the house hunt and not dwell too much on the sadness, so today I saw four more houses (two were for sale by owners, and two others were houses that had been on the market for a while and dropped in price). One house took the cake - it was in the WORST shape I have seen in the zillions that I've looked at. It was such an enormous project (it was a 3-story, old home that needed lots of love and sweat) that I was completely overwhelmed and we didn't stay long.

However, the second FSBO home is a good possibility! We have to decide if it's an amount we want to spend, but if we did get it, the major things have all been done - it has a new roof, new boiler, new central air, new kitchen, new bathrooms, new new new is the magic word there. So I'm tempted. Ben is tempted too (he came back with me tonight after work). The downsides are that it's on a slightly busier road, and it's not as close to the train as he would like - more like a 10-15 minute walk. The yard is wonderful, the living areas are spacious and nicely done, and I love the warmth of the upstairs... it feels like a nice place to be.

Who knows though? Every day our thoughts change and we go up and down on the emotional rollercoaster of settling on this more permanent fixture of our lives. We'll see what next week holds when we get back from vacation (and BOY do we need a vacation). Happy 4th everyone!

4 comments:

Kell's Belles said...

I'm so glad you're going on vacation! You need/deserve it! Have a great time and my fingers are crossed for a happy ending to all this real estate drama when you get back!

Jessica Taggart said...

Sarah-
If worse comes to worst, you could always come live in my parent's basement with me. It's a pretty sweet set-up. Granted, the walk to the train would be a little longer, the house needs a little work, but it would be FUH-UN!

Kell's Belles said...

Jessica, can I come too?

Mike, Jess, Elijah, Julia and Amelie said...

Too bad about the house! But, like you said --- probably just wasn't meant to be. Hope you find another great house soon! Until then, enjoy your vacation!