Sunday, June 08, 2008

Crazy Week

It's been a crazy week, which explains my lack of posting. After much deliberation, Ben and I actually decided to put our condo up for sale (our orig. plan was to wait until next spring, but we changed our minds). We found a house that falls in the sort of-affordable range (for around here at least) and while it needs lots of work, it could be a really neat place. And the location is the best - it's a 3-minute walk to the train for Ben and the house faces a cute park - what more could you ask for??

So now the fun begins. We started boxing things up on Monday and had some friends from the ward come on Thursday to help Ben move junk into a storage unit, with the hope that this would clear our place of the clutter we've accumulated in the last six years. We filled at least 30 boxes, moved out two bookcases, a dresser, a trunk, and a few other things, and what a difference!

We had our first showing yesterday and have an open house planned for this afternoon. We're selling by owner and will keep you posted on what happens. My biggest nightmare is that the house we love will go under contract before we have a solid offer on our place (a problem b/c the house sellers aren't taking contingency offers, which really limits us since we need the money from our condo for the down payment on this house).

One funny thing - my mom came on Friday to help with Eli (but stayed much longer to help get our place ready... thank you!!). We have something called the Flip Fold, that I bought from the Container Store last year, but then never got around to learning how it worked (I am terrible at folding clothes nicely). Well, we opened it up and my mom flipped and folded ALL of our pants, shirts, etc. so they would look good in our closets. My clothes have never been folded so well!! And it's really easy to use - you'll have to check out the link to see the demo on the Flip Fold site.

Here are some pictures from this week:

Above and Below: Eli still adores his sheep rug from Gram! We have had some miserably hot and humid days this week (yesterday it was 93 percent humidity with tornado warnings), hence Eli wearing just the cute Beatles onesie :)

Below: Eli's favorite hiding spot - the radiator cover in the living room. He loves flipping up the panel (inside is where you open or close the radiator) and putting little treasures inside... whenever I can't find something, I check this spot - and it's usually there!

Below: A small portion of the boxes before we packed this week. Eli loved having an obstacle course and had fun peeking around them to see us.

Below: The living room after we got rid of the boxes, hallelujah!

14 comments:

Marci said...

I am so excited for you to hopefully have your own house and not have to worry about neighbors sharing walls and floors and ceilings :-). Hopefully all will go will - you have made your condo so cute I'm sure it will sell quickly! Keep us posted!

Heather said...

Good luck--we'll pass the word along to everyone we know!

Rachael said...

The living room looks great, Good Luck!

Kell's Belles said...

My fingers are crossed that everything works out . . . I'm happy that you found something you like (and where there are no noisy dogs above you). Good luck with everything!

Christina Huling said...

WOW! WHAT A DECISION! I HOPE IT ALL GOES YOUR WAY! IT'S BEEN MISERABLY HOT HERE TOO! I GUESS YOU JUST COULDN'T TAKE YOUR NEIGHBORS FOR ANOTHER YEAR? :)

Sarah Beck said...

Your living room looks great! I hope you sell your condo soon--and get the house you want at the same time :) talk about nerve racking. We were so nervous when we put the offer on our house in Fargo (we ended up finding one hooray!) hoping that it wasn't too low and that someone else wasn't putting an offer down too. It all worked out, and I'm sure it will work out for you too. Good luck!!!

Laura said...

Good luck! I hope everything goes quickly for you!! I've never had our home on the market, but I can only imagine how stressful it must be to have to keep it all clean, all at once, ALL the time!!! I don't think it has EVER happened for me!

emandteem said...

wow! your living room looks great. I totally need to declutter my house. How did the open house go?

emandteem said...

wow! your living room looks great. I totally need to declutter my house. How did the open house go?

The Millers said...

So exciting, Sarah. The condo looks great. Can't wait for updates.

Amber Snow said...

What a week, Saira! Your place looks amazing!

The Yosts said...

Best of luck with the selling and buying!

Stephanie said...

Holy cow, what a week! Your place looks fantastic. All that work definitely paid off. Things will work out, don't you worry! I can't wait to hear what happens!

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

I'm sending all my happy thoughts your way hoping you get a buyer fast! Your condo looks great!