Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

We had a really nice Father's Day yesterday! Ben opened one of his gifts in the morning - a box with two ties inside - and wore one of them to church. We had an open house in the early afternoon, and had two people come through! (this may not sound like much, but this was better than last week's open house when we had ZERO people...) One of the people seemed very interested and gave us some hope that we may actually be able to sell this place soon. We'll see though.

After the open house, we drove up to my parents' house for dinner. Eli loves playing in their yard and being outside, so it was fun to watch him toddling around in the grass. My parents had pulled out their wooden Noah's Ark set and Eli enjoyed playing with the sets of animals and of course dropping them in a metal bowl.

The second part of my gift for Ben (and also to my dad) was something that I made (I got the idea from another blog) - I bought two Real Simple business card holders at Target and filled them with pictures, mostly of Eli, but some of Ben and Eli, or Ben and my dad, and a few with me, Ben and Eli. I love gifts that include pictures, since I am constantly taking them and like to do things with them.

2 comments:

Marci said...

I love the picture idea! So cute! And I love Eli's one year shot too - he is looking so much older now!

Beckie said...

that sounds like a great idea! I want to see Ben's sometime! it sounds perfect for Keenan to take on the plane with him other FA's are always asking to see pictures of his girls