Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Eli's First Fish

Yesterday we went to a nearby park that has a pond with blue gill and ducks. Eli had his first fishing experience and loved it! I'm sad Ben was gone at work, but it was fun that Eli got to experience it with his grandparents, who instilled a love for fishing in Ben at a young age.

Larry had dug up 10 worms earlier in the morning from our back yard, and it was the perfect amount for Eli's quick attention span :) They caught three fish total and it was all pretty fast. The wind was blowing and it was pretty chilly... brrr!

Fish #1



Fish #2



Fish #3
We threw each one back in the pond, but I was a little worried about this last one. Eli had fun holding it (being as gentle as a one-year-old can be), and thankfully the fish swam off when he landed back in the water.
Done with fishing, running over to the playground!
It was a fun morning at the park!

10 comments:

Jenna said...

How fun for ELi! What a fisherman he is. I was gonna head to the park but it was raining a little around here so I thought it would get worse. I should have gone!!

Young Family said...

How fun. I love the pictures of Eli with the little fish.

Marci said...

That's the way to do it! Start 'em young :-)! Such cute pictures!

tatum said...

very very cute. if i was Ben, i'd be a proud papa.

Heather said...

What a special moment. I always love when family traditions live on.

Laura said...

So fun!! I cant' believe that he kept a hold of the slippery thing!! I can't even pull that off ! What a perfect size fish for him!

Amber Snow said...

I can't believe he's fishing already - love it!

Kell's Belles said...

Eli is so very cute! And that little fishing pole is darling!

Anne said...

It's too bad Ben had to miss that. What a fun day!

Lindsay said...

Like father. Like son. Way to go Eli! I'm sorry Ben missed it.