Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sugar High

I was catching up tonight, reading blogs on my Google Reader, when I saw a post on Zen Habits that made me laugh out loud: "Beat the Sugar Habit: 3 Steps to Cut Sweets (Mostly) Out of Your Life." I could only wish!!

The article first talks about what sugar does to your body - it increases fat storing, disrupts normal brain function, and decreases your overall health and makes you age quicker.

Great.

It then talks about how to make healthier choices. It's actually really helpful and a good reminder, on this Hallow's Eve, to not totally gorge on sweets just because it's Halloween. I don't usually keep too much chocolate around in my house on a regular basis since I have little self control. But this week, after I bought some bags of candy for the trick or treaters... I have been munching and munching... all the while increasing my fat storage, disrupting my brain function, and aging faster.

Darn! Maybe I'll turn over a new leaf next week. That mini Baby Ruth is calling my name...

4 comments:

Kell's Belles said...

Oh, I feel your pain! It's not even 10 AM and I hear the siren song of the Butterfingers calling to me. Thank goodness I put them out in the garage! They'll do less damage that way (and the trick or treaters may actually get one).

Amber said...

ah, man! Way to make me feel guilty :)
Happy Halloween-I'm off to eat another Reeses's!

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

Stefan has been saying the last couple days that we need to cut down on sugar. I can't let him see your post.:) No, my two vices in life are chocolate and ice cream! It could be worse right? The fact, though, that I don't seem to be able to go one day lately without eating one of those things isn't a good sign though. no wonder Natalia likes to eat so much-- my milk is must be so sweet!

Rachel said...

I think you are totally fine -- as far as I'm concerned Baby Ruth's aren't sugar, they're chocolate!