Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Our Latest Find and Prego Pictures

Last week, my friend and I were walking to our playgroup at the park and saw a twin bed (in four pieces) at the curb of a house near my place. It was in great condition, so we managed to carry it back to my house after playgroup was over. None of the hardware was with the bed, but amazingly, our friends Keenan and Rebekeh Kamae had some IKEA hardware from a bunk bed they had gotten rid of but still had a few parts. This is also an IKEA bed (the Hemnes line), so the pieces fit perfectly! They also gave us some wooden slats that go across and under the mattress to keep it up without a box spring (thanks Kamaes!!)

This will be Eli's bed eventually (and I promise I'll get a more boy-ish bedspread - this is mine from college), but for now it will be perfect for later this week when Ben's parents arrive. We have another mattress and bed frame, so there are two beds up in that room at the moment. Crazy!

And I decided to post some pregnancy pictures. The two below are from when I was 23 weeks pregnant with Eli.


I think I'm bigger this time around, but so far I'm close to the same weight that I was last time. I knew I should have done more sit-ups after Eli... my stomach muscles aren't holding the baby in as much this time!


(please excuse the funny pj pants)

And I haven't been sick for a week now! whoo hoo. I hope it stays that way.

12 comments:

Beckie said...

the bed is SO cute!!! I love the prego pics too

Marci said...

Your hair cut is really cute! And I'm glad you posted some pregnancy pictures. They say you pop-out a lot sooner with the second one and I felt bigger the whole time with Addie - I thought she would be huge, but my ending weight was almost exactly the same and she was still pretty little. Maybe we're just more sensitive to our size after having gone through it once already.

Maureen said...

Looks to me like your having a girl! Can't wait to hear the news! (are you guys finding out?)
Maureen

Sarah S said...

We thought it was a girl, but it's actually a little boy! We're so excited.

DC Diva said...

great find w/ the bed! you're a pro w/ stuff like that.

Melissa said...

Are you still feeling sick? I'm so sorry. You are a cute pregnant lady if that makes up for it!

Kell's Belles said...

You look great, Sarah! And I hear you on those stomach muscles. After three kids, I can look about three months pregnant if I just don't hold my stomach in.

Amber said...

the bed is too cute-what a great find. You look fantastic. when do you find out what you're having?

Amber said...

Just kidding...I just saw your comment about it being a boy-congrats!

Sarah Beck said...

that is so crazy/awesome you had the IKEA parts to go with it! I love IKEA...I can't wait to go to the twin cities and shop IKEA...sigh...and you look so darn good pregnant!

The Yosts said...

Ahh the stomach will come out no matter how many sit-ups you do. Wait until #3 and you practically stick out the moment you're preggers :)

Katie and Greg said...

What a bed and I think your prego pictures are darling! You look fabulous - just like you did last time. So no worries.

Poor Eli and that bruise! It was fun to see a picture of Drew as that boy has really grown!