Monday, October 13, 2008

Milwaukee

On Thursday, we went to downtown Milwaukee for a warehouse sale at Broadway Paper, which is in the Historic Third Ward. It was a fun neighborhood with cute shops and restaurants. Then we drove over to the lakefront to walk around a little.

Eli loved the fountains near the Milwaukee Art Museum and Discovery World.

There was an area of landscaping with trees that were just Eli's size. He loved walking through them.



The Milwaukee Art Museum is a really cool structure. They let us walk into the main corridor and checked out the view onto Lake Michigan.


I love all of the glass - there was a beautiful view of the lake.
Here's a shot of the front of the museum. It looks like a bird, and I think those wing-like parts to it open and close twice a day.


3 comments:

Brittany said...

I love Eli's overalls! They make him look like such a big kid!

Lindsay said...

The museum looks cool. I didn't realize Milwaukee was so close to lake. I think I need to look at a map :)

Jodie, Stefan and Natalia said...

I love that you visited my hometown and that you were able to see some of the cool sites! By the way, you look so great these days-- you definitely have a pregnant "glow."