Eli turns 18 months old today! Ben and I are often amazed by how much he has grown and learned in his little life so far.
Here are some of his cute (and not so cute) things he has done or is into lately:
- Eli usually says "yeah" when we ask him something but sometimes says "no" - which sounds like a cat ("neoooowww").
- Eli loves to sing songs like Happy Birthday and the Alphabet song (the video below is him chiming in occasionally). He mostly just hums, but sometimes throws the words in here and there.
- Eli loves anything related to trains - the real trains near our house are always exciting, as are Thomas trains or other train sets, along with any other Thomas branded items - balloons, t-shirts, books, etc. We have a few Thomas books, but that's about it so far.
- Eli loves the idea of dogs, but gets super nervous when he's around a real one.
- Eli loves reading books and sometimes pretends to point out the letters (but mostly he just says his two favorite letters over and over - "E" and "I"). He does this a lot too when we're out running errands (he especially loves the Target sign with big red letters).
- He's 50th percentile for his head and height, but weighed in at 22.8 pounds this morning, putting him between 5-10 percent.
- He is being a PILL about taking naps - today marks 4 out of the last 5 days that he has refused to nap. I am pretty frustrated with it, but am still putting him down for the nap each day in hopes that he'll realize the nap is here to stay whether he likes it or not. Today his pediatrician said to keep trying. How many 18 month olds can survive a day without ANY napping?? Apparently, it's not too tough for my child. Little stinker!
Here is a video of Eli singing the ABCs with Ben. He's done it better when I haven't tried getting a video, but this gives an idea of how he chimes in with the letters here and there. You'll see Eli's little friend Katelyn make an appearance too, who we were babysitting last night.