Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hat Weather

It's definitely cold in Chicago. Tonight the low is 26 degrees. BRR!!! That hasn't stopped Eli from wanting to play outside every chance that he gets. We're now enjoying the fun task of bundling up every time we go outside... (and this is just minimal bundling up - I'm not really excited about the boots and gloves aspect to winter that is just around the corner)

I took these pictures on Friday, when Eli was sporting the dog hat my mom knit for him.

I love leaf pictures! Our front yard was full of leaves and Ben finally raked most of them on Saturday. I'm sure we'll have another load of leaves on our lawn in a day or so.
Whenever we walk from the garage to the house, Eli spots the balls out in the back yard and says the word over and over again... "Ball? Ball? Ball?" while I try to rush us inside because I either A) Have to go to the bathroom, since I currently need to go once/hour or B) I'm starving and feel like I'm going to pass out if I don't eat something soon or C) We're overdue with Eli's lunchtime/nap and I don't want to miss the window of time where he'll cooperate on either one.
Sometimes I give in and we play for a while first, like this time on Friday.
We had just taken a long walk with the stroller... I was freezing and felt guilty that Eli wasn't wearing gloves, because it was really cold. He didn't care that his hands felt like icicles. We probably stayed outside for another 20 minutes before I carried him in as he kicked and hit me, screaming because he did NOT want to go inside.
I know he would play outside all day if I let him. Sorry Eli, your mom isn't as tough as you in this weather!!

10 comments:

Cami Severson said...

He is so cute! I love your comment about the hitting you and throwing a fit. Kaelan is at that stage too....on the cusp of terrible twos. Kaelan does the same thing when I try to take him in from outside. He is my mail buddy, and we walk to get the mail everyday. Of course he never wants to go back in and will try to run past the house, and away from me!
I can't believe how old he is looking. He has the most beautiful eyes!!

Cami Severson said...

Um.... just in case you didn't know which "he" I was talking about... I was talking about Eli!!

Kell's Belles said...

Cutest. Hat. EVER. I love it!

And I feel your pain. Every time we leave the house, I know I'll be facing a kicking, screaming 18-month-old when it's time to go back in. What is up with that?

Amber said...

I love leaf pictures, too! How are you feeling these days?

Young Family said...

That hat is adorable!

Aaron and Emily said...

That first picture he reminds me of Luke a little bit. And Larry is starting to resemble Eli a bit. Larry has shed a LOT of his baby chub and looks more boy-ish now.

Is Eli just so incredibly photogenic, or do you take a gazillion pictures of him? Probably a mix of the former, and that you are a good photographer.

Kerstin said...

Now I know where you get your amazing knitting skills from. Any fun knitting projects this winter?

Lindsay said...

I love the hat. Sarah, do you knit too?

Suzette Selden said...

That hat is just too cute!

Amber Snow said...

Please be sure to tell your mom that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that hat. It is adorable and so is Eli in those pictures!